Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Don't give up GCSEs grades if there low! my story Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harun_farah)
    [/spoiler]Look she changed it for a couple of minutes and returned it to normal
    LOL and people were gushing about how inspirational it is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harun_farah)
    Not really I lie it is possible if you grind and put the work in.
    It's rare and difficult and there's a high possibility it's a lie however it's not impossible and you can't say it's a lie without knowing the person.

I've 2 or 3 students like that in my school going from d's and c's to straight A's

But never U E and F grades to straight A*. It is highly possible to be a lie and very very hard to believe.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Who knows?
    somebody who has to revise like 8 hours a day just to get A's should never even be considered for one of the best universities in the world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dh12345)
    somebody who has to revise like 8 hours a day just to get A's should never even be considered for one of the best universities in the world
    I know quite a few people who revised a lot for gcse and they "only" got As and Bs but when taking at A level some of them were able to still get As and A*s so I think it is unfair to judge someone's capability on gcses alone as A levels are a much more accurate indication.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrsinghlol)
    I am not here to 'show off' but I hope this thread will help or give hope to some people.
    I go to a state school it's not a private school but students generally do get good marks, but I never used to get good grades and my grades were below average in year 10 mock exams I got:
    Maths D Biology C Chemistry C Physics C English lit E English Lang U geography U history U religious study D ict E business C. As you can tell they were very very low when this result came home everyone in my family was laughing my parents were very disappointed they wanted me to get results like my older brother straight A*. But I never used to care about study throughout year 7,8,9 now I thought I wanted to prove everyone wrong I revised everyday using flash cards having a revision timetable using websites and watching videos on YouTube. And it all payed off in the end because my goal was to get out the foundation paper and then work my way up. Then at the end of the year I was very happy to see I had straight Cs in everything which took me out the foundation paper, so when I came back in year 11 I did the same thing I revised throughout the 6 week holidays I revised everyday I would wake up at 5:00 am and start revising on a school day and then finish at 8:00am to then get ready and go to school I did that from September to December non stop. Now we had the mock exams it was time to see if all that hard work payed off when I got the result back I was over the moon to see 3 A* in chemistry biology and physics and As in the rest. I went from getting Us Es and Ds to getting A and A*. But I didn't stop there I wanted to make all my family members get shocked from my results so I did the same thing revising using flash cards writing important information and key facts on a poster and sticking them on my bedroom looking at them before I went to sleep so when the time came for the May exams which were the last mock exams this was my result

Chemistry A*
    Biology A*
    Physics A*
    Maths A*
    English literature A*
    English language A*
    Geography A*
    History A*
    Religious study A*
    Ict A*
    Business study A*

Not bad from getting Us Es and Ds ey
    So don't give up if your grades are bad sacrifice your time and then show all those people that u can do it and you can make something of yourself. My brother and cousins used to tell me I would be Lucky if I even make it to a cleaner. But I was very happy to see I got higher grades than all of them and then saying I want to go to a top university like Oxford study medicine and then become a cardiothoracic surgeon in less fancy words a heart surgeon lol. So don't give up! Revise, revise, revise!!!
    90% of people in this forum are like you. Including me, we were never A students until we saw this forum.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samii123)
    I know quite a few people who revised a lot for gcse and they "only" got As and Bs but when taking at A level some of them were able to still get As and A*s so I think it is unfair to judge someone's capability on gcses alone as A levels are a much more accurate indication.
    Probably because they worked much harder for their a levels, this kid said he revised 8 hours a day just to get an A at gcse your friends didn't revise 8 hours a day to get as and bs

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.