Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Exactly the same as you, who_me... plain Comp Sci @ Kent with a year in industry, UEA backup, except with the same requirements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZoGgEr!)
    Exactly the same as you, who_me... plain Comp Sci @ Kent with a year in industry, UEA backup, except with the same requirements
    Cool - see you there! Are you living in Uni accommodation?

Edit: UEA is my backup as well...

ReputationRep:
    yep, I'll be in halls, you would appear to be going for park wood tho...

(yes I read this stuff in another thread, unfortunately I'm not psychic)

I thought about park wood, but figured it'd be self catered second year anyway, so might as well go for at least something in the first year (albeit a £4 breakfast voucher a day, or something).

ReputationRep:
    yep, I'll be in halls, you would appear to be going for park wood tho...

(yes I read this stuff in another thread, unfortunately I'm not psychic)

I thought about park wood, but figured it'd be self catered second year anyway, so might as well go for at least something in the first year (albeit a £4 breakfast voucher a day, or something).
    I don't really see the point in paying extra for a bit of breakfast...I enjoy sleeping too much so getting up would be a hassle! I quite like cooking anyway. Did you go to the information day for CS students? I think I was the only female...

ReputationRep:
    lol, well they did it over a few different days methinks. I had an interview on the 27th of Nov, was all male (100%), but they told us there were a fair few more on the other days. It's what you get for choosing Computer Science I guess :P

As I read somewhere on the internet, "The odds are good, but the goods are odd"

ReputationRep:
    lol, well they did it over a few different days methinks. I had an interview on the 27th of Nov, was all male (100%), but they told us there were a fair few more on the other days. It's what you get for choosing Computer Science I guess :P

As I read somewhere on the internet, "The odds are good, but the goods are odd"
    I can't remember when my interview was...was fine though, didn't get asked anything that I found hard to answer. What were the people like on the day you went? When I was there everyone seemed really geeky and quiet...obviously I have to expect that studying CS though.

ReputationRep:
    hmm yeh well it does go with the territory... I know someone from my school who is doing exactly the same course, he's more annoying than quiet tho [oliver, if you happen to sign up and read this post, then er... oops :P]. Not everyone there had experience with programming etc. tho.
    Whatever happens, I'm sure things will change once people get to know each other - I'm not exactly the most outgoing person myself, I'm sure there's an inner not-geekiness in everybody.

ReputationRep:
    I guess most people make friends with people on other courses anyway..i.e. the people they live with and around. What computing experience/skills do you have? I have just completed a BTEC in Computing so have done Cisco and Oracle academies, have also learnt VB and currently do freelance web design work. Am hoping to learn a bit of Java before September...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    :eek: you coming to cambridge!
    Read again. He's already there . You've probably bumped into each other on the street and never even realised it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)
    I guess most people make friends with people on other courses anyway..i.e. the people they live with and around. What computing experience/skills do you have? I have just completed a BTEC in Computing so have done Cisco and Oracle academies, have also learnt VB and currently do freelance web design work. Am hoping to learn a bit of Java before September...

heh, just web development mainly. PHP etc. Also learning C++ atm and probably Java later on. I'm gonna need to get some OO languages (particularly Java) in, cause I'm not sure I'm quite gonna make the offer (expecting D in German - need A and B in physics now...)

ReputationRep:
    heh, just web development mainly. PHP etc. Also learning C++ atm and probably Java later on. I'm gonna need to get some OO languages (particularly Java) in, cause I'm not sure I'm quite gonna make the offer (expecting D in German - need A and B in physics now...)
    Ah right well good luck! I have my results already so I know I'm definitely in at Kent... means I can have a nice relaxing summer now!

ReputationRep:
    Oxford for a bog-standard 3 year CompSci course.
    York as my insurance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BossLady)
    Computing 4 year MEng at Imperial College London starting October, provided I get the required grades.
    Woohoooo so excited!!
    Exactly the same here

ReputationRep:
    am going into my second year in warwick doing cs

ReputationRep:
    Coming from the States to study 3 year comp sci at Warwick.
    Wooohoooo

ReputationRep:
    Computer Science/Software Engineering (BEng) at the University of Birmingham.

ReputationRep:
    Edinburgh CS 2nd Year..

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge CS 50% start October. If I don't meet the grades, you can read my suicide note on the same forum. It's kind of finished.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Read again. He's already there . You've probably bumped into each other on the street and never even realised it.
    haha maybe :P

BSc Computing with French. (4 years hons) @ Aberdeen uni.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 26, 2004

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.