Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tasnia'x)
    Eng Lang right? I'm doing aqa
    Yeah

ReputationRep:
    I did American West WJEC and it was really good. What did you put for the sitting bull 1c?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StandardBrain)
    Yeah
    i cba to revise
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Too busy PROCRASTINATING

ReputationRep:
    i cba to revise
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Too busy PROCRASTINATING
    I like your idea of not revising, I don't revise much either, mainly in my class everyone are clever clogs therefore we chill because we got taught everything last year and just finish the revision this year

ReputationRep:
    I forgot to evaluate the sources on the interpretation question, did anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    I like your idea of not revising, I don't revise much either, mainly in my class everyone are clever clogs therefore we chill because we got taught everything last year and just finish the revision this year
    haha I sometimes never revise, but at the end, it turns out I get good grades
    I'm one of those clever clogs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s_bevs00)
    I forgot to evaluate the sources on the interpretation question, did anyone else?
    You can't hit many marks without interpreting and using your own knowledge, hopefully we all have another history exam soon and please do not make a mistake on the next one, I am guessing it will be hard, good luck

ReputationRep:
    haha I sometimes never revise, but at the end, it turns out I get good grades
    I'm one of those clever clogs
    You must have a fix mind set which is nice , unfortunately I don't, im not good at anything, have no passion / addiction to anything, I learn from resources given to me, I was never good at football, I trained and got better, I was never good at maths, I practiced and hit a grade A* for the first time, I was never good at english, I learned english as a 2nd language and developed my reading and writing skills, I had an East-Asian accent now I sound like standard British citizen. In my english mock I hit a grade A and then I moved schools to a private school and learned from standard people who had not thought to have gained success as one point in life we all fell then rose back up with progress made in 2 years, people call this "growth mind set" <- which is achieved by developing and learning, not using common sense for everything

ReputationRep:
    I did OCR, It was mostly alright, 2 questions threw me a bit, but the rest was rlly good, I did Medicine Though Time, and American West. Hope yours went good! Felt ill in the history exam, and now I'm sooo ill, got RS-Islam exam tomoz aswell, Givin' up. Loosin' my voice 2. But hope you get the grades you want!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    I did OCR, It was mostly alright, 2 questions threw me a bit, but the rest was rlly good, I did Medicine Though Time, and American West. Hope yours went good! Felt ill in the history exam, and now I'm sooo ill, got RS-Islam exam tomoz aswell, Givin' up. Loosin' my voice 2. But hope you get the grades you want!
    What exam board are you on for RS? I'm on Edexcel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza772000)
    What exam board are you on for RS? I'm on Edexcel.
    Ssammmmmeeeeeeeeee!

ReputationRep:
    Ssammmmmeeeeeeeeee!
    Honestly, all I've done is learnt the mark schemes. The most effective way to revise for this exam imo, cba learning the quotes.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, all I've done is learnt the mark schemes. The most effective way to revise for this exam imo, cba learning the quotes.
    OML I've done all the exam q's for the past 5 yrs for each topic, and now I'm doing a MASSIVE booklet to cover all the content, then I'ma go over the keywords, ur way sounds so painless bruhh.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Aw Thank you, i just want to pass History that's it. I'm sure you will do good too
    What other paper do you have for History? Good luck to you too
    next tuesday is my last history which is depression war recover Eng + wales, it's a bit easier than hitlers germany paper from what ive done

ReputationRep:
    OML I've done all the exam q's for the past 5 yrs for each topic, and now I'm doing a MASSIVE booklet to cover all the content, then I'ma go over the keywords, ur way sounds so painless bruhh.
    Haha, I've learnt all the key words and this exam is really flexible as at the bottom of the mark schemes it says other approaches are acceptable, which basically means even if you don't know anything you can blag your way through and the funniest thing I find is that one of the answers for almost every question is 'mentioned in the Qur'an,' and not to mention the questions are almost 'IDENTICAL' each year.

ReputationRep:
    oh, im doing edexcel and mine was ok
    cold war right? The only thing that got me was the last question I wrote about significance but 'flashpoint' turns out to mean a 'place, event, or time at which violence or hostility flares up'. But overall it went really well

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I've learnt all the key words and this exam is really flexible as at the bottom of the mark schemes it says other approaches are acceptable, which basically means even if you don't know anything you can blag your way through and the funniest thing I find is that one of the answers for almost every question is 'mentioned in the Qur'an,' and not to mention the questions are almost 'IDENTICAL' each year.
    Oh great,so all my revision went to waste. So nice to hear, haha Ty for the advice tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    next tuesday is my last history which is depression war recover Eng + wales, it's a bit easier than hitlers germany paper from what ive done
    Aw so lucky and Good luck, Hope you SMASH that exam!

ReputationRep:
    You must have a fix mind set which is nice , unfortunately I don't, im not good at anything, have no passion / addiction to anything, I learn from resources given to me, I was never good at football, I trained and got better, I was never good at maths, I practiced and hit a grade A* for the first time, I was never good at english, I learned english as a 2nd language and developed my reading and writing skills, I had an East-Asian accent now I sound like standard British citizen. In my english mock I hit a grade A and then I moved schools to a private school and learned from standard people who had not thought to have gained success as one point in life we all fell then rose back up with progress made in 2 years, people call this "growth mind set" <- which is achieved by developing and learning, not using common sense for everything
    Aw so sweet, yes i do have ''a fix mind set'' Haha
    Aw dw you just have to believe in yourself and aim higher, and hopefully you will do good
    Wow, A* at Maths, that is incredible, although i have been getting As. You are acc very clever

I have always dreamed in getting an A* for Eng Lang, imagine if i get A*, I would be so delighted

ReputationRep:
    Oh great,so all my revision went to waste. So nice to hear, haha Ty for the advice tho
    Good luck in your RS Exam guys, you'll do well, think positive

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.