Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Asked a girl out, she says "I don't really know you" Watch

(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    **** me in the ass how is she gonna know that when she's not sure she really knows you that well? Slow down, you don't have to speedrun it
    We have texted a lot in the past 6 months tbf, but she's not asked me out again, so idk, it's a bit boring to hang out with them tbh, she's a bit awkward with me around i feel. though she has apparently been ill so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Then I said I was trying to get to know her, and she invited me out with friends to meet, what does it mean?
    She wants to get to know you through your friends or see how you are around them and her. it's a test

(Original post by Anaa95)
    She wants to get to know you through your friends or see how you are around them and her. it's a test
    How do I pass....

ReputationRep:
    Polite way to.say not interested mate

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :/ So she's attracted to me looks wise then?, otherwise surely it would be no interest?
    idk idk idk girls idkdididkdidkdid idk
    Or just to confuse you further... She could be not attracted to your looks but wants to give you a chance, so she can see whether she will like your personality enough to date you.

if she wants you to go out with her friends, she wants their approval too and to get to know you better that way so it doesn't get awkward. If you can impress her and her friends then that's like double the achievement of just impressing her and you're basically in then mate. Good luck.

(Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    Or just to confuse you further... She could be not attracted to your looks but wants to give you a chance, so she can see whether she will like your personality enough to date you.
    mmm don't think people do the personality thing mate. She needs to hurry up and decide coz it looks like I'm going uni, not that I mind coming back to see her

if she wants you to go out with her friends, she wants their approval too and to get to know you better that way so it doesn't get awkward. If you can impress her and her friends then that's like double the achievement of just impressing her and you're basically in then mate. Good luck.
    2 of her friends, I know and they're male. She lost her bf, the others that come she aint mates with, can't really understand why she'd want their approval though? thanks

Replace "know" with "like" and you have your answer

ReputationRep:
    How do I pass....
    Don't be rude and say any bad sexual jokes and tell your friends not to make it obvious if you like her and to be friendly, basically act like wingmen

ReputationRep:
    mmm don't think people do the personality thing mate. She needs to hurry up and decide coz it looks like I'm going uni, not that I mind coming back to see her
    Not if you're repulsive, but if you're so-so, a great personality and confidence can win them over.

Don't be rude and say any bad sexual jokes and tell your friends not to make it obvious if you like her and to be friendly, basically act like wingmen
    hmmm well I was on the phone with my mate once and he asked who I was with and I said "the girl" because he knew I was meeting a girl and wouldn't know her name, she took offence to that i think and kicked me(not hard) I just explained that though and it seemed okay. Tbh I find it hard to converse with her as she's a bit awkward/goes over more to her friends, she still does talk to me n stuff.

(Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    Not if you're repulsive, but if you're so-so, a great personality and confidence can win them over.
    girls say I am like a 6 out of 10 so i don't think I am, confident, depends you could say I am not confident at all and very confident other times. Like I can approach and talk toc her idk but some times just can't be bothered with approaching her if i think she dont want me to

ReputationRep:
    hmmm well I was on the phone with my mate once and he asked who I was with and I said "the girl" because he knew I was meeting a girl and wouldn't know her name, she took offence to that i think and kicked me(not hard) I just explained that though and it seemed okay. Tbh I find it hard to converse with her as she's a bit awkward/goes over more to her friends, she still does talk to me n stuff.
    yeah, bad move lol. but, she probably wanted more respect than that and she may or may not like you but, good luck. She's probably pressured by her friends

yeah, bad move lol. but, she probably wanted more respect than that and she may or may not like you but, good luck. She's probably pressured by her friends
    hmmm she still talked to me after and invited me out again, was disagreeing with everything i seem to say though(deliberately) thanks

ReputationRep:
    hmmm she still talked to me after and invited me out again, was disagreeing with everything i seem to say though(deliberately) thanks
    She's being difficult, if she's the same when you go out again, leave her. she's just stress.

ReputationRep:
    How do I pass....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV0tCphFMr8

She's being difficult, if she's the same when you go out again, leave her. she's just stress.
    I tapped her on the shoulder to say goodbye once and she sort of moaned "don't touch me" like I think she's just stress, but othertimes she touches me and i don't mind

ReputationRep:
    Then I said I was trying to get to know her, and she invited me out with friends to meet, what does it mean?
    Isn't it obvious lol? She's not interested.

If she went on the date with you, she would have got to know you then.

She invited you with friends to make sure you knew it wasn't a date AND to further emphasise the fact she doesn't see you as a potential lover.

Remember this: if a girl likes you and wants to date you, she'll make very clear.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.