Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babymarima)
    Mr Bruff has more responsibility for my grade than my teacher does, or me tbh
    trust only Q5 and Q6 was nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie Vardy)
    I wrote like four pages for the last question. Is that enough?
    No way, you're joking.

More than enough lmfao, I don't know where you found the time or the ideas, but defo expect a high grade if you wrote that much and used loads of good writing techniques.

ReputationRep:
    No way, you're joking.

More than enough lmfao, I don't know where you found the time or the ideas, but defo expect a high grade if you wrote that much and used loads of good writing techniques.
    There was like six pages available though! I was unsure of whether the extra space was for those with huge handwriting. I wrote **** all on the 8 markers; like one and a half to one and three quarters! I can't recall how much I wrote for the 16 markers - over two pages definitely though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junayd1998)
    trust only Q5 and Q6 was nice
    I was so happy when I saw question 5 was a describe task cos ain't nobody got time to 'inform' or 'instruct' or whatever else the options were

ReputationRep:
    There was like six pages available though! I was unsure of whether the extra space was for those with huge handwriting. I wrote **** all on the 8 markers; like one and a half to one and three quarters! I can't recall how much I wrote for the 16 markers - over two pages definitely though.
    LOOOOOOOOL that's me, honestly me. I could hardly scrape two pages for the 8 markers, I just hope that my marker appreciates quality over quantity

Even though my teacher's always out here saying NO IT'S MARKED FOR QUALITY AND QUANTITY. but f*ck that, idc, no more english forever so suck on that

ReputationRep:
    I was so happy when I saw question 5 was a describe task cos ain't nobody got time to 'inform' or 'instruct' or whatever else the options were
    What did you describe for Q5?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junayd1998)
    What did you describe for Q5?
    Skydiving and appreciating the world and seeing it in a new light, all that bullsh*t. Even though I have never gone skydiving, thought it would be good to describe. But I cringed so f*cking hard when writing it.

Like I wonder if examiners literally think we're all sensitive losers according to the way we write. Cos I know I sound like a tit in my creative writing.

wbu?

ReputationRep:
    LOOOOOOOOL that's me, honestly me. I could hardly scrape two pages for the 8 markers, I just hope that my marker appreciates quality over quantity

Even though my teacher's always out here saying NO IT'S MARKED FOR QUALITY AND QUANTITY. but f*ck that, idc, no more english forever so suck on that
    I'm praying that the examiner respects my work because I don't want to redo that paper ever again I think I've got a B or a C hopefully. I've never been at an A, so there wasn't too much pressure.

ReputationRep:
    I'm praying that the examiner respects my work because I don't want to redo that paper ever again I think I've got a B or a C hopefully. I've never been at an A, so there wasn't too much pressure.
    Well last year you needed 46 for a B and 43 for a C, you'll defo hit that. cos that means you're allowed to lose 37 marks max, so you're in safe hands regardless of the examiner (because tbh, I reckon they're all bitter)

ReputationRep:
    What was the last question? Was I supposed to talk about for or against? This is for the AQA English Language exam.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else leave q4 until the end?

ReputationRep:
    Just realised I barely described anything for question 5 oops

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luciie)
    if you left question 3 and 4 would you be able to get a C English language higher aqa?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willow2341)
    if you left question 3 and 4 would you be able to get a C English language higher aqa?
    Maybe. It depends on your coursework and how well you did in the other questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smartass789)
    What was the last question? Was I supposed to talk about for or against? This is for the AQA English Language exam.
    You had to argue whether it was worth travelling to other places beyond Great Britain.

Since it was an 'argue' question, you did need to pick a side, but you still had to include contradicting views: for example 'some people think that going on holiday is expensive. But can you really put a price on an experience?'

so you provide contradicting views, but only to trash it with your view. if that made any sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wyldermax)
    Does anyone else leave q4 until the end?
    Nahh, but that may have been a better idea cos I didn't have the greatest portion of time for my question 6. acc no, question 4 is f*cking stressful, I'd prefer to get it out the way before section B

ReputationRep:
    I want a slide on my island too.

ReputationRep:
    That's heavy, what did you write about then? cos describing can be subliminal, like it slips out when you explain stuff etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1rs)
    I want a slide on my island too.
    FOR REAL, f*ck the council

ReputationRep:
    Maybe. It depends on your coursework and how well you did in the other questions
    I got a D and I answered question 2, 5 and 6 fully i ran out of time on question 1 and only did half of it. what do you think i?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.