Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james101)
    im doing AVCE ICT 2 year course, it is worth the equivalent of 3 A-Levels, what does this mean?
    Just wondering if anyone can answer my question.

Thanks

ReputationRep:

Thanks
    sorry, i'm not ignoring i have no idea!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer

Thanks
    I didn't realise that they offered triple AVCEs - I thought AVCEs were either single or double (6 or 12 units) equivalent to 1 or 2 A levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    apart from general studies of course, which is easy...
    I won't comment on how easy it is until results day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LS.)
    I won't comment on how easy it is until results day
    lol, that is very true, altho i would be very surprised if i get below a C, actually that would be quite funny:rolleyes: i would also be completely contradicting myself.....

ReputationRep:
    My Mum does graduate recruitment and they do use A-levels, but once you're established in your line of work and have more experience they become less relevant.

ReputationRep:
    Some employers do have minimum A-Level requirements, so yes, they are still relevent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    I didn't realise that they offered triple AVCEs - I thought AVCEs were either single or double (6 or 12 units) equivalent to 1 or 2 A levels.
    oh right, its called AVCE ICT & Business, i can remember being told it was worth 3 i think, anyway that would mean i get 3 A-Levels then?

ReputationRep:
    are 3 E's better than nothing lol thats wot im gonna get (maybe 3 e's and u)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)

I got BEEc first time round. I'm doing the 2E's again. And then again probably knowing my luck...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    just wondering. i mean if some1 got 3 e's at A level but still got a place at university will the bad A levels still contribute to their reputation if they have a degree
    a levels do still matter. the first thing employers look at - or at least within my fathers workplace - is their a-levels and then their degree

ReputationRep:
    It depends if you want to do a graduate training programme or not and on the job. Certain jobs access for a certain amount of UCAS points such as 260.

For some jobs I doubt it would matter to much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    i would say 3 Es are better than nothing. You can still get into uni with those grades as they are technically a pass.

(Original post by KerChing)
    for example in medicine, everyone graduates with the same qualification, and albeit the performances in interview and experience will be important, surely alevels may have some impact on whether someone is more likely to get a job than someone else???
    except virtually all med school graduates will have extremely similar Alevels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    except virtually all med school graduates will have extremely similar Alevels
    Not true! Most peeps that go in at graduate level tend to have lower A-Level grades than those who go in at school leaver level... Also there are an abundence of WAMP courses now where the entry requirements are BCC/CCC.

(Original post by Fluffy)
    Not true! Most peeps that go in at graduate level tend to have lower A-Level grades than those who go in at school leaver level... Also there are an abundence of WAMP courses now where the entry requirements are BCC/CCC.
    ahh, sorry, I was thinking of people doing normal undergrad courses..

ReputationRep:
    At my school, when they employ teachers they check out their A-level grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    ahh, sorry, I was thinking of people doing normal undergrad courses..
    'Normal' undergrad medicine courses have between 5 and 35% mature and graduate students on them though

'Normal' undergrad medicine courses have between 5 and 35% mature and graduate students on them though

Aiiiiiiiiiii!

Alright, I was thinking of people joining the course at age 18 or 19 straight from school. .. sorry

They are still a majority on these undergrad courses then?

rosie

ReputationRep:
    Oh to be normal....

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.