Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drjay24)
    What did you put for the control for the rabbit? put use no ice pack...
    yeh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel9998)
    yeh
    Yeah shaved rabbit but no ice pack

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel9998)
    the question wasn't why, it was give evidence that the environment affects the change in fur colour using the experiment results. I think you just had to talk about the experiment and how the change in temperature ( the ice pack ) caused a change in colour to black while the rest of the rabbit temperature remained unchanged and therefore no change in environment and there was no change in colour etc

I wrote something along the lines of the ice pack mimics the extremely cold temperatures in the Himalayas, and that the pigment (dark fur) on the rabbits extremities as a result of cold environment so this backs it up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excuse Me!)
    Pingu7

I said that they should have used the same part of the plant for the extract for every sample as they used the flower bud for one and the leaves and stem for the rest.

Could that be right?

Control group definetly sounds like it would be correct.
    j

Thanks. I'd expect what you wrote to be in the mark scheme too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss deviant)
    I wrote something along the lines of the ice pack mimics the extremely cold temperatures in the Himalayas, and that the pigment (dark fur) on the rabbits extremities as a result of cold environment so this backs it up
    Oh **** yeh that makes sense, dunno why I didn't think of that

Can anyone confirm that they got B and D for the very first question???

ReputationRep:
    Any unofficial mark schemes for this paper yet?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.