Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    Hopefully going into Dorchester but I'm really nervous about freshers week I'm not a massive drinker myself was wondering if anyone also felt this way, I'm going to be studying nutrition
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Dorchester House is really nice! Not the loudest halls but not the quietest either, so it's in between. Don't worry about being nervous, everyone will feel the same and you don't need to get drunk to have a good time, not during freshers anyways. There'll be plenty of things to do other than drinking, and you'll meet people similar to you who are not massive drinkers. Just put yourself out there and meet as many people as you can, you'll have a good friendship group that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatchback101296)
    Hey,
    Hopefully going into Dorchester but I'm really nervous about freshers week I'm not a massive drinker myself was wondering if anyone also felt this way, I'm going to be studying nutrition
    Thank you
    Hi Hatchback101296,

Please don't be nervous about Fresher's week! There are plenty of other opportunities to meet new people other than the clubbing events. You'll see in the timetable when you get here that there are events like sports, society taster events and more casual nights out like pub quizzes where you can make friends.

Steve Moss (Student Ambassador)

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when the full schedule is out for freshers? So we can buy tickets, not much out at the moment. Seems like there was a lot more on in 2015?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.