Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you all send your time doing over summer? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moment of truth)
    lol another thing we both do! Have you found something useful to do? :curious:
    Haha, I'm hoping to spend a ton of time with my friend who's coming home for summer!

Other than that, in going to see if I can find some way to travel and hopefully practice my language skills

Do you have any plans?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    Haha, I'm hoping to spend a ton of time with my friend who's coming home for summer!

Other than that, in going to see if I can find some way to travel and hopefully practice my language skills

Do you have any plans?
    When are they coming? I hope you have a good time with them!

That's good, even if it's for a short time, a holiday/short break is worth it

Not really not yet anyway!

ReputationRep:
    When are they coming? I hope you have a good time with them!

That's good, even if it's for a short time, a holiday/short break is worth it

Not really not yet anyway!
    July so a wee but to wait get but I'm sure I'll find something to do before then lol

Yeah, exactly! I just need to come up with a plan lol

Well I'm sure you'll find something absolutely awesome to do! We can always go on a European road trip hahaha

ReputationRep:
    July so a wee but to wait get but I'm sure I'll find something to do before then lol

Yeah, exactly! I just need to come up with a plan lol

Well I'm sure you'll find something absolutely awesome to do! We can always go on a European road trip hahaha
    You have a few weeks to go then! I hope you do

Haha sometimes coming up with a plan that is achievable is actually hard to do! :rofl:

I hope so and hahaha that's always an option!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    I don't learn well without a teacher, I only got a B at GCSE

Did you not know then when you've already done your a-levels you have to pay for them privately?
    I'm pretty sure the exam does not cost £1k. Does that include tuition fees?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nayzar)
    I'm pretty sure the exam does not cost £1k. Does that include tuition fees?
    It includes the entire a-level, teaching, exams etc

ReputationRep:
    Usually I go away with fam, go just chill with mates, stay in and enjoy the AC and relax

but this summer I sense I'm gonna have to start working lol It's really not funny though because I don't mind working but it's the degrading job hunting and rejection part.

ReputationRep:
    You have a few weeks to go then! I hope you do

Haha sometimes coming up with a plan that is achievable is actually hard to do! :rofl:

I hope so and hahaha that's always an option!
    I think I'm sometimes a little too over ambitious with my plans leading to a complete lack of actually doing anything lol but I guess it's better to think big rather than small haha

I hope you do :yep: it's a plan as long as you pay for petrol XD
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Either holiday, gaming, gym, meeting up with friends, drawing, going to events, exploring London etc.

ReputationRep:
    I'm home for like 4 days towards the end of June, then back in my university town to work in an English language summer camp for 8 weeks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    It includes the entire a-level, teaching, exams etc
    Ah ok that makes more sense

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm sometimes a little too over ambitious with my plans leading to a complete lack of actually doing anything lol but I guess it's better to think big rather than small haha

I hope you do :yep: it's a plan as long as you pay for petrol XD
    Lol I am the same! I often make plans and then a few days later just give up with them cause I know that I can't achieve them!

:rofl: we will see about that

ReputationRep:
    Came home from uni today and will be going to Switzerland this Saturday for three months, to intern at Google.

Posted from my phone, excuse my typo's

ReputationRep:
    Lol I am the same! I often make plans and then a few days later just give up with them cause I know that I can't achieve them!

:rofl: we will see about that
    Haha, well regardless, I'm sure we'll both find something fun to do :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Not that much...however when i think about it there's lots to do and I know it'll fly past really quickly!

- Learn to drive (more like pass the test, already sat it twice!)
    - Moving all the contents of our current flat into our new one with flatmates
    - Volunteering/placement 2 days per week from June - August
    - Trying to redeem myself in speaking French (using Duolingo online, going well so far!)
    - Awaiting final exam results for 2nd year uni
    - Getting ready to hopefully go to Canada in September!
    - Reading
    - Doing online courses (FutureLearn - have a look, really good!) in digital media (relevant to my degree)

ReputationRep:
    I usually spend it working.

This year I'm going on a roadtrip. When I get back, I'm moving to London in August, and I'll spend the rest of the summer getting to grips with the place.

ReputationRep:
    2 weeks working at King's, 2 weeks in Ecuador then only 2 weeks until results day woheyyyyy

ReputationRep:
    Thought I'd join in on this, I am going to the uni open day and will also get my mop chopped..about time!! lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.