The Student Room Group

seeing someone cheat what to do?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by manz too fine
Damn!!!

It's not that deep. Why you hassling the man?

It's my inner grammar nazi, can't help it
If I was you, I would report this person - all allegations of cheating are taken seriously as schools could face serious consequences id they don't. Anyway, someone in my year reported a person using their phone to look up the mark scheme during my CIE English Language exam last month (the invigilators were too stupid to notice); that person has since been disqualified from their English GCSE.
If not for yourself, report this person for the benefit of others - don't let them increase the grade boundaries!
In a situation like this you should put up your hand and inform the invigilator. By all means alert your exams officer so an eye can be kept on this candidate in future, however nothing can be done about the incident now as there is no hard evidence.
It's none of your business just forget it happened and to be honest, the person is just cheating themselves they are gonna be the ones who will struggle in the future. It's not my job to be reporting cheats it's the invigilators job to keep an eye and if they can't hard luck but I can't be bothered doing it for them. I really won't want to get into all this hassle due to a cheat so just forget it ever happened and move on in your life.
Original post by Lauren1501
I saw a kid in my year cheat in an actual gcse exam today wtf do I do, I'm stressed over it and I feel peed off that he did this as it wasn't necessarily a hard exam so please help me do something even if its to leave it.... ps I'm in a library which is of easy cheat mechanism but nobody dare to cheat before like this kid

Don't be a snake. Why does it effect you
honestly i'd tell. ignore people calling you a snake or a grass or a snitch, they're probably the lowlers who cheat. Just tell, its the right thing to do
Don't tell. Not everyone is acedemic and the kid was most likely trying to scrape a pass to achieve 6th form. We don't know what goes on in his life. But just know that this kid could be a genuine nice person in a time of desperation.

Ask yourself. Him cheating, how will it affect other people? It won't.

You telling, how will it affect other people? It'll most likely change his life.
Reply 27
Original post by Lauren1501
I saw a kid in my year cheat in an actual gcse exam today wtf do I do, I'm stressed over it and I feel peed off that he did this as it wasn't necessarily a hard exam so please help me do something even if its to leave it.... ps I'm in a library which is of easy cheat mechanism but nobody dare to cheat before like this kid

Focus on your own exam... as they say in prison, snitches get stitches.
Focus on your own exam... as they say in prison, snitches get stitches.

A rather stupid point OP is not going to prison. Personally I wouldn't say anything, however why not? Some work really hard, while others don't.
Original post by jackcoys

Ask yourself. Him cheating, how will it affect other people? It won't.

Actually it will, I don't understand why people say that it can effect other people because this person who cheated and possibly other cheaters in the UK have an effect on the grade boundaries if the grade boundaries goes up because people have cheated then It CAN effect other people in the UK imagine if someone was a few marks off a C and could have got a C if the grade boundaries didn't go up
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by DaringDaniel
A rather stupid point OP is not going to prison. Personally I wouldn't say anything, however why not? Some work really hard, while others don't.

I was joking... but still my point is there is no point in snitching on the cheat? it wont benefit you.
Reply 31
Original post by Starlight15
Actually it will, I don't understand why people say that it can effect other people because this person who cheated and possibly other cheaters in the UK have an effect on the grade boundaries if the grade boundaries goes up because people have cheated then It CAN effect other people in the UK imagine if someone was a few marks off a C and could have got a C if the grade boundaries didn't go up

The effect will be so small its negligible.
Reply 32
Lol in your position I would leave him to it, who am I to snitch and fair enough he is doing something wrong but I would feel spiteful snaking so I wldnt
Reply 33
Just leave it unless you hate that person so then tell your head

Quick Reply

Latest