Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do parents compare their kids to other kids? watch

ReputationRep:
    My parents do that so much they compare me to my friends. They say my friends are better than me at this subject and I should be more like them then when I tell them I'm better than that friend at another subject they get annoyed. They say I should only look st good aspects of others and ignore the bad ones and try to be more like the good ones.

Again that was worded really weirdly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Well don't call her a ***** if you wanna keep your lips but yea just compare her to other parents.
    Sorryy But like I ain't never in a million yrs gonaa be a parent like her, I'd feel sorry for em, now she wants me to massage her legs every two seconds, I've got work to do mann, how tf am I gonaa pass my exams. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ReputationRep:
    My parents always compare my grades with their friend's children's grades like how they got all A*/A grades and expects me to get the same. Always on about how much more hardworking they are due to starting GCSE revision in September in comparison to me starting 2/3 months before the exams. How I could have gotten much better grades if I did not sit in front of a TV all year until 2/3 months before the exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    Sorryy But like I ain't never in a million yrs gonaa be a parent like her, I'd feel sorry for em, now she wants me to massage her legs every two seconds, I've got work to do mann, how tf am I gonaa pass my exams. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    tell her that!

ReputationRep:
    Why can't you be like, you couldn't do s***t if you wished, your just a mouthy s***g and all you do is fight, :blah::ashamed:
    You fight?

ReputationRep:
    Mine likes to compare me with people intelligence.

ReputationRep:
    tell her that!
    I do, and she's just like you will, I'll do them 4 u, like takin the mick, she knows she can't, idek anymore.

ReputationRep:
    thats such an asian thing to do lmao

ReputationRep:
    I do, and she's just like you will, I'll do them 4 u, like takin the mick, she knows she can't, idek anymore.
    She sounds annoying.

ReputationRep:
    You fight?
    Verbal sometimes, answering back, but It's not really, just like she'll say 'You're so lazy' blah blah blah, and I'll be like 'I'm NOT! I'm tryna revise mann, GOD!' In like a pissed off tone, but thts not fighting, like even answering a question is like fighting to her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariam687)
    thats such an asian thing to do lmao
    I was gonna ask about that but had no one to ask lol

ReputationRep:
    Verbal sometimes, answering back, but It's not really, just like she'll say 'You're so lazy' blah blah blah, and I'll be like 'I'm NOT! I'm tryna revise mann, GOD!' In like a pissed off tone, but thts not fighting, like even answering a question is like fighting to her.
    Maybe she's got autism?

ReputationRep:
    She sounds annoying.
    Bruhh, she's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOO annoying! Can't wait to run away from her bruhh.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she's got autism?
    She got bipolar, Idk about autism, everything I say to her is like a holy war or summat.

ReputationRep:
    Bruhh, she's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOO annoying! Can't wait to run away from her bruhh.
    Lmao can't wait? Just...do it...go to a mate's house. I mean it's not a wise choice but it is a choice. I was a "habitual runaway" since I were a wee kid and it helped me in some places and hurt me in others.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao can't wait? Just...do it...go to a mate's house. I mean it's not a wise choice but it is a choice. I was a "habitual runaway" since I were a wee kid and it helped me in some places and hurt me in others.
    I ain't allowed, if she found me, she'd kill me not even joking yano, I would honestly love too. It would help me, cuz I can get away from her daily s***t.

ReputationRep:
    I ain't allowed, if she found me, she'd kill me not even joking yano, I would honestly love too. It would help me, cuz I can get away from her daily s***t.
    Work and save up, easier said than done. But it's gonna build some healthy independence.

ReputationRep:
    Work and save up, easier said than done. But it's gonna build some healthy independence.
    Can't wait, jus waiting to turn 16

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait, jus waiting to turn 16
    Don't worry I remmeber you're 15 but you'll be 16 soon. In time for a summer job
    Now if she doesn't even let you work that's just...

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry I remmeber you're 15 but you'll be 16 soon. In time for a summer job
    Now if she doesn't even let you work that's just...
    I've never mentioned it lately but when I did late last yr, she goes 'oh no, you can't' this that but like idc ima get my way no matter what lol Can't wait for end of july to comeeeeeee!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.