Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I ended up with like 0.1 over the 0.1 but then got 100% error. Surely we'd have one mark from the error being 0.1

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pharmhopeful16)
    I ended up with like 0.1 over the 0.1 but then got 100% error. Surely we'd have one mark from the error being 0.1

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I had 100% error too.

ReputationRep:
    Oh good! How does everyone feel about the six marker? I personally didn't like it ☹️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I thought the question was really weird, like I didn't know what they wanted me to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliekmorgan62)
    I thought the question was really weird, like I didn't know what they wanted me to say.
    That's exactly how I felt, I hope I got some marks for it though. They were too vague. It just said "discuss these statements"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Overall, I was happy with the paper but the grade boundaries will probably still be low because its a new spec.

ReputationRep:
    You had to calculate the energy released per gram of each of the fuels and the mass of CO2 released. Then discuss them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably go for 55/80 because it's a new spec and last years CH2 was 54 and it was easier than ours.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I worked out the energy per gram but not the CO2. How many marks would I lose?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pharmhopeful16)
    I worked out the energy per gram but not the CO2. How many marks would I lose?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    QER questions are marked weirdly now. I'll give you general run down

5-6 marks
    All points on mark scheme discussed, along with good communication(6) or bad (5)

3-4 Most points on mark scheme discussed with good communication(4) or bad(3)

1-2 Few points on the mark scheme discussed with good communication (2) with bad (1)

0 nothing worthy of credit.

You probably got 3/4

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think as long as you calculate a percentage properly you'd get 1 method mark anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Would you say around 68/80 for full UMS?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else get 2-chloro-2 3-dimethylbutanoic acid for the very first question? It tripped me up for some reason... also I didn't get 30% for the percentage yield, I got something like 17.7%. How did you get 30%? I'm intrigued to see what I did wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliekmorgan62)
    Would you say around 68/80 for full UMS?
    There abouts I would guess

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by owen.williams)
    Anyone else get 2-chloro-2 3-dimethylbutanoic acid for the very first question? It tripped me up for some reason... also I didn't get 30% for the percentage yield, I got something like 17.7%. How did you get 30%? I'm intrigued to see what I did wrong.
    Yeah I had something like that for the first question.

ReputationRep:
    I had 3-Chloro-2,4-dimethylpentanoic acid

Edit: I just looked on the Internet and the compound you listed doesn't seem to exist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did you find the number of moles of ethanoic acid (I think) then use molar ratios which was 1:1 then used mass= number of moles X Mr, then divided by the actual mass?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone draw a like a coffee cup calorimeter for the HCl and Mg? I put a cup with a lid and a hole in the lid where the thermometer goes and with some cotton wool around it. Anyone have anything similar?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RasputinReborn)
    Did you find the number of moles of ethanoic acid (I think) then use molar ratios which was 1:1 then used mass= number of moles X Mr, then divided by the actual mass?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah I forgot to multiply by the Mr... That makes sense. I was rushing at that point. And yeah 3-Chloro-2,4-dimethylpentanoic acid is what I put, not what I just said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RasputinReborn)
    Did anyone draw a like a coffee cup calorimeter for the HCl and Mg? I put a cup with a lid and a hole in the lid where the thermometer goes and with some cotton wool around it. Anyone have anything similar?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I winged that question and drew a cup with some insulation and a lid with the thermometer through a hole in the top.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.