Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Window 10 will force me to download in less than 8 hours Watch

ReputationRep:
    When the notification will come up it will have an option asking ti reschedule it. Don't stress. Just click on the reschedule button to set it for another date. You can carry on doing this every so often and that way your computer won't install the updates. However if you want to try another method to stop these updates then I can give you the steps to do that?

(Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    I actually don't know what'll happen if it's already started downloading. Maybe @Zargabaath or @undercxver?
    Thanks for the mention.

ReputationRep:
    There's no real difference, 8 and 10, all the things they changed from 8, can be put back, such as the window 8 start bar. 10 does have a few kinks but i used 8, and 8 did as well.
    honestly update it when you go to sleep, windows are backwards compatible and 10 aint that bad, 8 was pretty bad, but once you get used to it, its hard to change... either way, it might just update on its own out of the blue, so your fighting a losing fight. Get used to 10, it'll take a day or two, and carry on with your life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Nooo! Windows 8 is better!
    7 was perfectly fine but was just a bit boring really.
    Thats why i like 8 better, its more stylish
    You are a mac fanboy so :erm: you are deluded
    Windows 7 :heart: :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    You didn't have to lol I have been rescheduling it since it popped up
    Yeah that's what I'd been doing but it suddenly decided to ignore that, and shut down my computer while I was using it so that it could start downloading

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    You guys are deluded, one day Windows 10 will make you update to it and then you'll be begging me to help you with the system, too bad I'll be used to it while you guys wil be crying.
    Nooooo!
    I did update to 10 a couple months ago, didnt like it, so i used my tech skills to revert back to 8 haha!
    I know how to use it, i just dont like i.
    But youll come crying to me to teach you this method of reverting windows
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Ok well with my pc it pops up, and then it says some stuff can't remember exactly but don't freak out. Take your time and click where it says reschedule. You can also go to control panel and click I think Action Center or Windows Updates under System and Security once you open Control panel interface. And then schedule it. You can't disable it I don't think but if you really don't want it just learn to reschedule far away till you figure out how to disable.

Some ppl say it ****s with their stuff, settings, files...

You didn't have to lol I have been rescheduling it since it popped up
    Mac master race :hoppy:

ReputationRep:
    Nooo! Windows 8 is better!
    7 was perfectly fine but was just a bit boring really.
    Thats why i like 8 better, its more stylish
    7 was way better, 8 had so many problems when it came out and was around. And it looked horrible and felt horrible to use when you first got it. I can understand the liking of 8 though, i loved window vista, whcih was said to be really crap, but it looked and felt way better than XP.. honestly though 8 was okay once you got used to it, like all windows but it wasnt that great and had a ton of problem compared to the great 7 . XP was great, 7 is the best and still is, vista was okay / most people claim was crap, 8 was new and not great , 10 .... is like a better 8, still not as good as 7, also has a few problems 8 has but 7 and ones before never did .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    Mac master race :hoppy:
    I can't take Mac lol Windows and dell and stuff it's good for computer literate people but who don't like it fancy lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    Yeah that's what I'd been doing but it suddenly decided to ignore that, and shut down my computer while I was using it so that it could start downloading
    There's probably something that set your installs to automatic. it's really ****ing tricky honestly. I only meddle with it because it just does stuff on its own lol When it shut it down I shut the power off lol and rebooted

ReputationRep:
    Ok well with my pc it pops up, and then it says some stuff can't remember exactly but don't freak out. Take your time and click where it says reschedule. You can also go to control panel and click I think Action Center or Windows Updates under System and Security once you open Control panel interface. And then schedule it. You can't disable it I don't think but if you really don't want it just learn to reschedule far away till you figure out how to disable.
    I did clicked on reschedule - only maximum is 8 hours. I cant seem to find a way to disable this. I dont want to wake up to open my laptop and see window 10...

ReputationRep:
    Nooooo!
    I did update to 10 a couple months ago, didnt like it, so i used my tech skills to revert back to 8 haha!
    I know how to use it, i just dont like i.
    But youll come crying to me to teach you this method of reverting windows
    I shall remember this...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    You are a mac fanboy so :erm: you are deluded
    Windows 7 :heart: :love:
    Shhhhh, no one will know :lol:
    :cry2: Nooo!
    IOS8 :heart: :love:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    U wot M8
    But your team finished below us this season :bubbles: (i dont know what team you support :lol: )
    Well I did support Man City but football is the last thing on my mind lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ordo)
    I did clicked on reschedule - only maximum is 8 hours. I cant seem to find a way to disable this. I dont want to wake up to open my laptop and see window 10...
    Impossible. Not saying you're lying but def saying they might be lying lol Screen shot it, let me run ya through

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    I actually don't know what'll happen if it's already started downloading. :getmecoat:

Maybe Zargabaath or undercxver? :hide:
    I'm not sure tbh :dontknow:
    I think you could just click cancel when it prompts the install, maybe

ReputationRep:
    Well I did support Man City but football is the last thing on my mind lol.
    Ok fair enough
    Man city fans exist :erm: :toofunny:
    Shhhhh, no one will know :lol:
    :cry2: Nooo!
    IOS8 :heart: :love:
    But i will :unimpressed:
    :hand:
    Android 6.0.1 :love:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Ok fair enough

To think I respected you..

ReputationRep:
    Ok fair enough

lol what's your team? I'm AVFC :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhythmical)
    leave it. Windows 10 is here to stay and rule the world, we have taken over the world.
    for the future!

ReputationRep:
    To think I respected you..
    :console:
    lol what's your team? I'm AVFC :cool:
    :arsenal:
    Really want AVFC back in prem next season

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.