Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA M1SB 8th of june 2016 unofficial markscheme Watch

• View Poll Results: [AQA MS1B 8th of June 2016] What raw mark do you think the A grade will be ?
    20.00%
    5.00%
    10.00%
    8.33%
    13.33%
    11.67%
    15.00%
    5.00%
    11.67%

ReputationRep:
    Anyone get 0.355 for the probability of each bottle in the pack?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harryg123456)
    I think I got 0.354, but there is usually a range of answers they accept.

ReputationRep:
    I think I got that too

ReputationRep:
    for the reduction of the mean one with the normal distribution and the probability being 0.1 or something I think i got 1522.7 so the mean was reduced by 2.3..? not sure if that's right

ReputationRep:
    Correction made for now
    with regards to the CI questions part bii) you were asked to comment on the claim that 25% or less of the customers bought less than 200 euros
    after the conversions of £ to euros and the calculation (no. of customers/n) this claim came to be valid

- I'm unsure of the exact percentage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Language student)
    I think I got that too
    Can you remember how you got that because I think I got it right but I can't remember my answer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chickenslayer69)
    Crap... forgot to divide by the square root of n, i'm dumb

how many marks was that Q ive literally never done this question wrong
    It was 4 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dapperblook22)
    it wasn't the first 10, as otherwise you would be comparing pounds to euros. You had to either convert the euros to pounds, or the pounds to euros and then find that it was 7/40 entries.
    Correct , thanks for pointing that out

ReputationRep:
    It was 4 marks
    Do you think I might get 1 mark for working? So annoyed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TIF141)
    Wasn't it 8/40 as one was exactly 166.67 which is 200/1.2? And I think it said 'at most 200', which includes £166.67?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sirelis)
    for the reduction of the mean one with the normal distribution and the probability being 0.1 or something I think i got 1522.7 so the mean was reduced by 2.3..? not sure if that's right
    I think I got about 2.3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sirelis)
    Yep I got that aswell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hbassett26)
    Can you remember how you got that because I think I got it right but I can't remember my answer!
    I used the Normal Stat Mode on the calculator and enter the following: Lower : 505
    Upper: 99999999999999
    s.d: 3.5
    mean: 508.5

Which I get the probability of 0.841, then 0.841^6 which equals to 0.354 to 3sfg

ReputationRep:
    Yep I got that aswell
    Me too, I asked my friends and they said they just left it as 1522.7... I was so worried before, now I am confident with my 2.3 hahaha

ReputationRep:
    W
    I think I got that too
    Was that the one which u get like 0.8 something ^6

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parhomus)
    W

Was that the one which u get like 0.8 something ^6
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chickenslayer69)
    Do you think I might get 1 mark for working? So annoyed.
    I think I done that questions wrong as well looking at what people said here, I didn't get any negatives... according to my calculator's history.. oh well..

ReputationRep:
    I used the Normal Stat Mode on the calculator and enter the following: Lower : 505
    Upper: 99999999999999
    s.d: 3.5
    mean: 508.5

Which I get the probability of 0.841, then 0.841^6 which equals to 0.354 to 3sfg
    You can just use "10" for an infinite upper limit or "-10" for a lower instead of 9999999999999

ReputationRep:
    I think I done that questions wrong as well looking at what people said here, I didn't get any negatives... according to my calculator's history.. oh well..
    Yeah, I know that I did it wrong and I know what I did wrong, but I don't know how many marks I'd get for forgetting to divide by square root of n. I'd definitely lose 2 for getting the interval wrong, but I'm not sure about the other 2...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TobyMel)
    You can just use "10" for an infinite upper limit or "-10" for a lower instead of 9999999999999
    I don't know, thats the way I have been teached Learn something new everyday

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.