The Godfather
    Schlindlers List
    American History X
    The Departed
    Inglorious *******s
    Transformers
    Dark Knight
    LA Confidential

On a seperate note scrap watching films and watch Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead. You will love them.

ReputationRep:
    While lots of great films listed, I'm truly shocked no one has said my suggestion yet:

Fight club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SassKing13)
    Yes Perhaps I'd appreciate the themes etc. more the second time around. I don't watch films as much these days sadly... The last one I watched was a very good one called The Hand That Rocks the Cradle.

I still need to watch Bladerunner...

(Off topic but I listened to 'Argus' - great album )
    The Hand that Rocks the Cradle, now why does that ring a bell? I think I must give that one a go if you liked it.

I'm so glad that you like 'Argus' though! It's essential listening for anyone into old music. Did any songs stick out to you out of interest? And you WILL watch Bladerunner gosh darn it. Otherwise I shall make you watch cutesy pig videos again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mehtj006)
    Lord of the Rings
    The Revanant
    Interstellar
    Usual Suspects
    The Conjuring
    Shawshank Redemption
    Django Unchained
    Escape from Alcatraz
    White Chicks
    Goodfellas
    The Godfather
    Schlindlers List
    American History X
    The Departed
    Inglorious *******s
    Transformers
    Dark Knight
    LA Confidential

On a seperate note scrap watching films and watch Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead. You will love them.
    I've seen the bolded ones.

Usual Suspects I must watch again though as I think I'd appreciate and understand it more now

Same goes for Goodfellas, The Godfather and L.A. Confidential.

I've seen a bit of The Departed. Need to watch it properly!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhimsicalSloth)
    The Hand that Rocks the Cradle, now why does that ring a bell? I think I must give that one a go if you liked it.

I'm so glad that you like 'Argus' though! It's essential listening for anyone into old music. Did any songs stick out to you out of interest? And you WILL watch Bladerunner gosh darn it. Otherwise I shall make you watch cutesy pig videos again.

It's a creepy one xD Creepy in the psychotic villain sense If you've ever seen Fatal Attraction, that sort of thing...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ha..._Cradle_(film)

I already knew The King Will Come. I really do like that one. I love the guitar riff(s?). Time Was was great I really liked the acoustic introduction and then the change into electric guitars. I think The King Will Come is the most memorable one for me. I shall have to listen to it again though. I listen to a lot of albums

:rofl:

I have never received a more serious threat in my life. I best get watching.

Did you get around to listening to any of the albums I recommended?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SassKing13)
    [/b]

It's a creepy one xD Creepy in the psychotic villain sense If you've ever seen Fatal Attraction, that sort of thing...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ha..._Cradle_(film)

I already knew The King Will Come. I really do like that one. I love the guitar riff(s?). Time Was was great I really liked the acoustic introduction and then the change into electric guitars. I think The King Will Come is the most memorable one for me. I shall have to listen to it again though. I listen to a lot of albums

:rofl:

I have never received a more serious threat in my life. I best get watching.

Did you get around to listening to any of the albums I recommended?
    Ah yes, that's the one with the infamous bunny-boiling scene right? Anything even vaguely dark, creepy or psychotic is good for me so thank you m'dear.

I seriously doubt that I have ever met anyone who is more into music! I think you even beat me with this. I'm so glad that you enjoyed it though, honestly.

Yes indeed! I'm just trying to remember which ones I listened to as there were a few and I got through around 3-4 of them. If you'd like I can send over a VM later to describe what I made of them in more detail.

ReputationRep:
    For now it's probably A Walk To Remember.

ReputationRep:
    The Inbetweeners Movie
    The Inbetweeners Movie 2
    Rush
    Pitch Perfect
    Tangled
    The Purge
    Woman in Black 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IRoranth)
    The Revenant

for now.

shot in pure daylight, handheld camera shots, leonardo dicaprio's grammy winning film- does that say enough.

=D
    Didn't realise Leonardo DiCaprio had won a Grammy. Who has more now, Leo or Adele?

ReputationRep:
    Jckie Chan films like Rush Hour and Twin Dragons

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhimsicalSloth)
    Ah yes, that's the one with the infamous bunny-boiling scene right? Anything even vaguely dark, creepy or psychotic is good for me so thank you m'dear.

I seriously doubt that I have ever met anyone who is more into music! I think you even beat me with this. I'm so glad that you enjoyed it though, honestly.

Yes indeed! I'm just trying to remember which ones I listened to as there were a few and I got through around 3-4 of them. If you'd like I can send over a VM later to describe what I made of them in more detail.
    Yes that's the one and haha good good. I'm the same really

Haha I listen to a lot of albums initially and then I'll come back and have a more conscious sort of listen I do like how Argus is one of those albums where there aren't a lot of songs but the ones that are there are longer.

Yes that's much the same situation as me It's pretty much what I mean when I say I listen to a lot of albums haha. I tend to get through a lot Yes that'd be cool I have some songs to send you anyway
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The Chaser
    The Dark Knight
    12 Angry Men
    Lawrence of Arabia
    Raging Bull
    71 Into the Fire
    Amour
    Kaiji The ultimate gambler
    Star Wars Episode IV -VII
    X2
    Xmen first class
    The Shawshank redemption
    Pulp Fiction
    Memento
    Blue is The warmest Colour
    Kill Bill vol. 1
    Oldboy
    Chinatown
    Grave of the Fireflies
    Battle Royale
    Do the Right Thing
    The French Connection
    Infernal Affairs
    Rashomon
    Fight Club
    Back to The Future
    Se7en
    Resevoir Dogs
    Glory
    The Hunt
    Fargo

ReputationRep:
    American Pie (all of them)

ReputationRep:
    If you want to **** yourself and watch weird gory stuff
    SAW
    SAW
    SAW
    SAW
    and
    more SAW

If you like anime
    Attack on titan
    One punch man
    Ben-to
    Highschool DxD(ecchi)
    Danmachi
    Shokugeki no Soma(little ecchi but very good awesome cooking anime, must watch!!!!)
    Angel Beats(for feels)
    supposedly
    Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
    Trigun
    Infinite Stratos
    are supposed to be good but then again i can't remember everything

Then there's all the western cartoon like
    Frozen
    Shrek
    Wreck-it Ralph
    Big Hero 6
    Up
    and others

ReputationRep:
    Prince and Me
    Bridesmaids
    Bride Wars
    Wedding Planner
    Leap year
    Enchanted
    Confessions of a shopaholic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasaron)
    Didn't realise Leonardo DiCaprio had won a Grammy. Who has more now, Leo or Adele?
    LOOOOL I MEANT AN OSCAR lmaoooo :grin::facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Fast and furious 7

ReputationRep:
    Now you see me (so many plot twists and amazing visual effects)
    Leap Year (romcom)
    The Proposal (romcom)
    The blair witch project (a not bad horro film)
    Get Smart
    The incredible Burt Wonderstone (Jim carrey, steve carell, need i say more?)

have fun watching

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.