Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel GCSE History A - Germany 14/06/16: Revision. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gameofno)
    mehh its like 11.05pm ill just study at 1.00am
    9:10pm here. Good luck in your 1am revision!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SugarBubbles2000)
    9:10pm here. Good luck in your 1am revision!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    10:28 pm time to start revising. 75% needed for an A*. Lets do this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohamdy)
    10:28 pm time to start revising. 75% needed for an a*. Lets do this.
    you can do it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SugarBubbles2000)
    you can do it!
    Thanks mate. Half way through Key Topic 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OHamdy)
    10:28 pm time to start revising. 75% needed for an A*. Lets do this.
    12.26am i should reread my notes woops :\

ReputationRep:
    12.26am i should reread my notes woops :\
    Re read your notes and most importantly read this

http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...f_20150819.pdf

I revised CW day before the exam and would have gotten a B if I didn't read this really does show you the difference of A and B students

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OHamdy)
    Re read your notes and most importantly read this

http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...f_20150819.pdf

I revised CW day before the exam and would have gotten a B if I didn't read this really does show you the difference of A and B students
    dw im an a* student in history im gonna be okay (((:
    ty for the link xx

ReputationRep:
    I made a total mess of the Cold War paper, I really need to do well on this but Britain is no problem at all for me. I'm doing history at a level, I need a good grade *wails*
    Hopefully I'll be ok as I'm normally fine on this topic but last minute panicking now.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to all!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, anyone else doing Germany????????????????? Lets discuss and help each other out
    wagwan. I got the exam its barreerrrere esy.haaayy

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the structure of the questions in the exam paper, if it's similar to last years? Or if it's changed like the medicine one, and if the last Q is still split into 5/6 a) and b).

ReputationRep:
    So...HOW WAS IT??
    I felt it was really good, especially the 16 marker- boy, did you have lots to write about that!

ReputationRep:
    I'm really gassed over it and still haven't stopped smiling! That went soooooo well My answers below.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    1a - not sure about my answers here anymore. Inferences: (a) the NSDAP used rearmament to reduce unemployment and (b) workers already employed were disadvantaged because of longer working hours.

1b. Key features (Censorship): Reichskulturkammer had to be joined with 42,000 artists signed up else there were book burnings and publications outlawed; radio controlled by NSDAP and no foreign radios allowed; journalists were briefed and sometimes dictated to by Goebbels.

1c. Effects (Enabling Act): End of German democracy was an effect as seen through July 14 1933 banning of opposition political parties; caused the July 1933 Reichskonkordat to be signed through the deal with the Centre Party for their support of the Enabling Act because NSDAP/DNVP coalition didn't have two-thirds Reichstag majority without them.

1d. Causes (1929-32 growth of support): NSDAP gained support because of Great Depression and Bread and Work slogans; NSDAP also beat KPD at 1930 elections and came second to Social Democrats so it campaigned as the only party able to stop communist threat, meaning it was backed by more big businesses in votes and, crucially, in finances - and was able to have more propaganda campaigns funded to support it and thus increase support too. GD was most important reason because without it, communist threat would not have existed because KPD would not have become popular.

2b. Change (NSDAP): Because of Munich Putsch, turned from a small Bavarian party to a large national party and turned from wanting to achieve its aims through violence to wanting to achieve its aims through democracy.

3a??. Importance (Stresemann Era): Dawes Plan 1924 was more important because Rentenmark was short-term fix but did not solve causes of hyperinflation whereas Dawes Plan prevented Rentenmark from following in footsteps of old currency because it ordered the French and Belgians to leave the Ruhr and lowered annual payments of reparations. Rentenmark was shorrt-term fix; Dawes Plan was long-term solution. League of Nations had economic recovery through improved international standing as a secondary impact, so it was not as important as Dawes Plan. 1929 Young Plan did cause a cultural renaissance and was important but because of Great Depression, it did not have as much of a long-term impact as Dawes. Had GD not occurred, Young Plan would have been more important to economic growth (40 theatres in Berlin, cultural renaissance, etc.).

ReputationRep:
    I thought it went well too. Unlike the Cold War, I actually knew the answers *shock* it definitely made up for the first one!
    I'd been hoping for something funny to happen in an exam and it did. I was writing about the Nuremberg laws and there was a sudden crash from the back of the hall. We all panicked and turned round to see the really fat invigilator lying on the floor surrounded by tables that had collapsed when she leant on it 😂 the other invigilator looked horrified but you can't laugh because it's an exam, but it was so funny! Some a level students were sniggering as well, we're so mature. Ah, good times.

ReputationRep:
    that was so easy! the enabling act was eh though.
    anyone else do the treaty for 16 marker?

ReputationRep:
    that was so easy! the enabling act was eh though.
    anyone else do the treaty for 16 marker?
    yeah, talked about the two options + Germany being decolonsied, thus impacting trade...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serkan Marasli)
    yeah, talked about the two options + Germany being decolonsied, thus impacting trade...
    i did the 2 options, bit of land but my main point was article 231 (guilt clause)

ReputationRep:
    The exam was actually good y'know
    Hopefully Britain will be okay bc I legit know absolutely NOTHING.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliyahh16)
    The exam was actually good y'know
    Hopefully Britain will be okay bc I legit know absolutely NOTHING.
    same literally while we were learning it at school I never made notes at home FML

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.