LSE 2017 Applicants

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016
Admissions Testing Service Exams Discussion Rules - Please read before posting! 02-11-2016

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am applying for law and currently I am studying History, French, Slovak, English and Social studies ( English and Slovak are compulsory in Slovakia, which is where I live) as for my extra-curricular activities, I am a volunteer at a law firm, I regulary help in a non-profit organization focused on disabled children and I am in the process of organizing a human rights seminar at my school.I am not 100 per cent sure how my grades compare to AS-levels but this year I had only one B and 13 As. I really hope I can get in and good luck to everyone applying I am sure we are all going to need it and congratulations to everyone on their this year's offers.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone is doing Ma212, Ec201 and Ma211 can you pm me? Its so we can form a whats app group for joint study.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamzi)
    If anyone is doing Ma212, Ec201 and Ma211 can you pm me? Its so we can form a whats app group for joint study.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This thread is for applicants for next year. Sorry!

ReputationRep:
    I got 2 As in my maths and further maths and a B in my physics.I want to apply for Lse's business maths or Economics with Maths because I'm interested in both economics and maths.I based my EPQ on Economics and did a internship about investing this summer.I wonder if that's okay for me to apply for Lse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Timlcky)
    I got 2 As in my maths and further maths and a B in my physics.I want to apply for Lse's business maths or Economics with Maths because I'm interested in both economics and maths.I based my EPQ on Economics and did a internship about investing this summer.I wonder if that's okay for me to apply for Lse.
    bro if you get that a* prediction in maths at least and do a banging personal statement you should be fine

ReputationRep:
    Anyone want to start a group chat? I don't have any other LSE applicants in my school

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have 9A's 2B's at GCSE (B in Mathematics) and I have finished my first gap year. I'm currently considering to take another gap year as my aim is to get into LSE or UCL. My first set of A-Level results was BCC in Economics, Chemistry and Mathematics respectively. I decided to take a gap year which started in September 2015 and I have now received my A-Level results as A*BB with the A* in Mathematics and B's in Chemistry & Economics respectively (I am 6 UMS away from an A in chemistry so I am remarking all my modules). I am looking to apply for a Management course at LSE which is AAA. I will resit one Chemistry exam and 2-3 Economics exams in the 2nd gap year in addition to being predicted A*A*A with the A*'s in Mathematics and Economics. As a general question, do you think that I am good enough to get into the Management course ? Am I also good enough for any other courses at LSE ? I am mainly heading towards Economics, Finance and Management but not Political related courses. I am still 18 years of age but I'm turning 19 at the end of August so my age is something to also consider. Please let me know what you think, thanks.

(Original post by Danllo)
    You could resit your A levels in November 2016 and you would have your results before the January 15th cutoff. You won't need predicted results.

CIE Board releases results on 10 January 2017. Not sure about other boards.

• November 2016 series – 10 January 2017

ReputationRep:
    In my AS levels I got
    Maths - A
    Economics - B
    Religious studies - A
    English lit - A
    just wondering if I would receive any offers for economics (A* in maths,A,A) or economics & philosophy (A,A,A) or should I not bother?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone applying for International Relations here? I don't have any work experience because I don't know what to do for it. If any current students/ future applicants could help it would be appreciated, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gazebo99)
    Is anyone applying for International Relations here? I don't have any work experience because I don't know what to do for it. If any current students/ future applicants could help it would be appreciated, thanks!
    Pretty sure you can apply to the European Youth Parliament or something similar available in your area.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie31289)
    In my AS levels I got
    Maths - A
    Economics - B
    Religious studies - A
    English lit - A
    just wondering if I would receive any offers for economics (A* in maths,A,A) or economics & philosophy (A,A,A) or should I not bother?
    I would say go for it, your grades look very good. Just make sure you are predicted AAA or higher for A2. Well done!

ReputationRep:
    I do the IB and looking to apply for History. Got decent GCSE's 1A* 7A's 3B's but I went to failing school. Now I go to a top Grammar and expected to better. Am on course (I think) to get 38 predicted which is what I need to meet the requirements.

ReputationRep:
    Im doing a diploma right now and looking to apply for finance. I get mostly A in math/finance/investment related subject, but some B for my ITand two accounting subjects.
    The requirements for overseas diploma is not fixed so im worried.

ReputationRep:
    I am applying for economics ( L101 ) . I don't do A levels because I am from Romania but to give you an idea I've got those grades at:Math -9.0/10
    Computer Science-9.5/10
    Economics-9.0/10
    English-10/10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanArthur)
    I am applying for economics ( L101 ) . I don't do A levels because I am from Romania but to give you an idea I've got those grades at:Math -9.0/10
    Computer Science-9.5/10
    Economics-9.0/10
    English-10/10
    Uite aici : pentru economie iti cere A*AA cu MATHS A*, deci 9 media la BAC si cel putin 9 la mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lanthum)
    Uite aici : pentru economie iti cere A*AA cu MATHS A*, deci 9 media la BAC si cel putin 9 la mate.
    I am well informed mate . I just put my last year grades because those are the ones that LSE is going to look into .
    (Stiu foarte bine , man.Am pus notele din clasa a 11-a pentru ca la alea o sa se uite LSE ca sa vada daca imi pun cerinte pt BAC sau ma resping ).

ReputationRep:
    For anyone wanting to apply to LSE, please realise that there is no definitive, guaranteed formula that will ensure you get an offer. When my son applied, there were people with similar and better GCSE results who did not get an offer. Some people were told that their PS was not strong enough or that their GCSEs were not good enough.

Do plenty of research about what LSE wants from its students and make sure that your PS is unique and individual. You can apply to up to 5 universities through UCAS so make sure you have a broad range of choices. If you want LSE, then go for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamjamjamT)
    For anyone wanting to apply to LSE, please realise that there is no definitive, guaranteed formula that will ensure you get an offer. When my son applied, there were people with similar and better GCSE results who did not get an offer. Some people were told that their PS was not strong enough or that their GCSEs were not good enough.

Do plenty of research about what LSE wants from its students and make sure that your PS is unique and individual. You can apply to up to 5 universities through UCAS so make sure you have a broad range of choices. If you want LSE, then go for it.
    This is pretty much what I've seen. I did a lot of research and everyone agrees that the PS is what gets you in or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamjamjamT)

I have also heard about this before, but Im worried about my ps because I dont have anyone to proofread it for me as in my currently college, some lectures think that its hard to get into LSE and is pointless to proofread it for me.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.