Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azael274)
    We made notes on all the topics that are referenced in the pre-release and then made mind maps about said topics. They are:

Moblie working (so adv. And dis. Why is it done ect)
    E-comerce systems and security of online systems (SSL encryption basically)
    Social media and business applications of SM (with a focus on twitter since the girl has a twitter following in the prelim)
    Byod policies (bring your own device)
    System development life cycle and factors contributing to a successful development (link with what makes an effective ict team in info 2)
    Asset register systems and Electronic stock ordering systems
    Training users (different types of training and the costs involved. How can BBP reduce Ict costs)
    Cyber security of systems (so firewalls and encryption)
    Outsourcing and offshoring (reducing costs)
    Bespoke and off the shelf software (adv. dis. Which one is more cost effective)
    CRM systems
    Back office systems (accounting, payroll and HR systems)
    Workflow systems and the managment of supply chains (just in time policiy. Think of john Lewis they have that)
    Cloud computing (SAAS and PAAS)

Thats all the stuff I have noted on for the prelim.
    thanks! iv made notes on these stuff too, and did flash cards so i know each of the topics which could come up. what is Asset register systems?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exams2210)
    thanks! iv made notes on these stuff too, and did flash cards so i know each of the topics which could come up. what is Asset register systems?

Its a system in big organisations that allows them to input what assets they have. So they can input a record of all the computers they own so they know where everything is and when it was baught etc. Assets can be hardware, software, employees or anything the company owns

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azael274)
    Its a system in big organisations that allows them to input what assets they have. So they can input a record of all the computers they own so they know where everything is and when it was baught etc. Assets can be hardware, software, employees or anything the company owns
    damn, i never heard of this, do ou think i should learn this new information or leave it out

ReputationRep:
    Thats all there is to it really, just learn that and youll be fine. There wont be a big question on it it would most likley be a 4 or 5 marker

ReputationRep:
    motion tracking underwear and colour changing ties - I think we need to get the AQA exam writers away from the internet for a while or who knows what'll be on A2 next year.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Next year will be robotic fish and the Spanish inquisiton.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That bloke 2016)
    motion tracking underwear and colour changing ties - I think we need to get the AQA exam writers away from the internet for a while or who knows what'll be on A2 next year.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    They had me laughing at 'smart shirts that can detect sweat levels'. Someone has been watching too much Netflix.....

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    when i read the question it put me in a better mood, made me laugh. How did u find the paper?

ReputationRep:
    when i read the question it put me in a better mood, made me laugh. How did u find the paper?
    I was looking through the rest of the paper after Q3 to see how many questions were high markers and for easy questions to do first. I've seen all the past papers but never realised how much paper is just there for answers.
    Nonetheless I did most of the questions (even if I tried to explain the microsoft hearts game for Q 4(b)) but skipped a 4 mark and ran out of time on Q 4(a).

By far the best question was the 20 mark Q on social networking consequences.

ReputationRep:
    I was looking through the rest of the paper after Q3 to see how many questions were high markers and for easy questions to do first. I've seen all the past papers but never realised how much paper is just there for answers.
    Nonetheless I did most of the questions (even if I tried to explain the microsoft hearts game for Q 4(b)) but skipped a 4 mark and ran out of time on Q 4(a).

By far the best question was the 20 mark Q on social networking consequences.
    I finished everything and even had 10 min to spare, im not sure how i did though. what did u write for the question about 'describe how data can arise' and what did u talk about when connecting 3 stand-alone computers?

ReputationRep:
    I finished everything and even had 10 min to spare, im not sure how i did though. what did u write for the question about 'describe how data can arise' and what did u talk about when connecting 3 stand-alone computers?
    'how data can arise' question:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I talked about keyboard input for the first part and how the binary is only data until it can be processed by the computer as either a command shortcut like CTRL + Cor as a letter in a word processing software. Then went on to talk about the creation of audio data and how that is turned from physical sound wave input into voltage readings that represent the sound produced by the output at a given time.Basically I wrote about how the inputs work to convert analogue/physical readings into digital non - encoded data that is then encoded by software.

The '3 comp systems' question:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    a) Since the family wanted to connect the three together I suggested either cat 5e cabling with network cards. The switch linking every computer would then connect to the router using a cat 5e (for lower network interference) and the router connected to the phone line via an ISDN cable. NOTE: ran out of time before this could be finished so one more confused exam marker to add to the pile.

b) fast data transfer, shared processing etc. though tried to explain how a game of hearts would work to show an advantage of a LAN network...trying to explain hearts is a daunting task.

ReputationRep:
    The data arise question is the only one that I feel i didnt do as well on persoanlly. I wrote about the results of experiments, serveys, qestionaires, social media etc. It made me laught when the standards question came up since that same question came.up last year

ReputationRep:
    For data arise question you had to talk about indirect and direct data (primary and secondary) and had to give an example for each e.g direct could be counting cars in a car park and indirect when data is used for another purpose e.g using customer bank details for promotion.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.