Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA GCSE Maths Linear B UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME Calculator Higher watch

ReputationRep:
    I thought the holiday question was 1 adult 2 children so she didn't have enough money?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george_c00per)
    Maybe we will get it right as there could be multiple answers. I hope so anyway!!
    Did you work it out by doing simultaneous equations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woodsy123)
    I thought the holiday question was 1 adult 2 children so she didn't have enough money?
    1 adult and 1 children, came to llike 977.50 if I remember correctly so she had enough by a fair bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexMB9)
    Did you work it out by doing simultaneous equations?
    No, I just added all of the angles up and then took away from both sides. I then just selected two numbers which fits (2x+y=44) so therefore x=11 and y=22. It's probably not the best solution to work it out but I proved that it was right by slotting it back into the angles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george_c00per)
    No, I just added all of the angles up and then took away from both sides. I then just selected two numbers which fits (2x+y=44) so therefore x=11 and y=22. It's probably not the best solution to work it out but I proved that it was right by slotting it back into the angles.
    I have a feeling I've read on a mark scheme before they tend to only give half marks for trial and error methods, but if its an answer theyll accept it. I remember getting something different and what this guy said on the thread!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexMB9)
    I have a feeling I've read on a mark scheme before they tend to only give half marks for trial and error methods, but if its an answer theyll accept it. I remember getting something different and what this guy said on the thread!
    Do you know what the question was out of? I'll take half marks tbh, better than nothing

ReputationRep:
    Thats what I did! I got 1.5.... how about you?

ReputationRep:
    the answer was 20 and 12, supplementary anlges inside two parallel lines add to 180, simple

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundary for a B overall from two papers?

ReputationRep:
    How did u work out the bread loafs one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rsmanu1)
    How did u work out the bread loafs one
    I used an equation.

There were six times more white than granary.

Therefore w = 6g

There were half as many brown as white

Therefore b = 3g

But he also made granary loaves so in total there were

6g + 3g + g = 10g

He made 130 loaves so

10g = 130
    g = 13

He made 13 granary loaves, so w = 6g = 78 white loaves, and b = 3g = 39 brown loaves.

ReputationRep:
    Would i get any marks for the completing the square question if i got the correct answers, but i used another method?

ReputationRep:
    What do you reckon the grade boundaries will be guys for maths higher

ReputationRep:
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    For the probability one that's 2/15, does it have to be cancelled down or will 12/90 get me the marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babajide)
    For the probability one that's 2/15, does it have to be cancelled down or will 12/90 get me the marks?
    You should be fine with that answer.

ReputationRep:
    I got a different answer for question24, are you sure your answer is correct?

ReputationRep:
    hi
    i got x=60 and y=8
    because the question was like 2x+y=128 and 5x+y=100 so its basically simultaneous

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.