Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J__)
    For the trial and improvement question, I did all the working and narrowed it down between 3-7 & 3.8 but I accidentally put down the wrong one (3.7). How many marks would i get for this question out of the four?? Thanks.
    I also put 3.7 because it was closer than 3.8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyaves2000)
    I also put 3.7 because it was closer than 3.8
    Yeah, thats what I did because thats how we were always taught to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J__)
    Yeah, thats what I did because thats how we were always taught to do it.
    we were taught to get the answer fror the closest solution which gives you a slightly lower number than take it away from the number they say the answer is and then you get the closest solution that gives you a close answer but slightly higher and then take the answer the question says away and see which one is closer

ReputationRep:
    we were taught to get the answer fror the closest solution which gives you a slightly lower number than take it away from the number they say the answer is and then you get the closest solution that gives you a close answer but slightly higher and then take the answer the question says away and see which one is closer
    Yeah me to as well exactly. Do you think we will only drop 1 mark or maybe 2 as it was a four marker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J__)
    Yeah me to as well exactly. Do you think we will only drop 1 mark or maybe 2 as it was a four marker?
    You would only lose 1 mark.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J__)
    I think we would only drop one because if you wrote all the working out correctly then they cant say anything is wrong

ReputationRep:
    I think we would only drop one because if you wrote all the working out correctly then they cant say anything is wrong
    Okay thanks, just annoyed as it was a silly mark to drop.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J__)
    Okay thanks, just annoyed as it was a silly mark to drop.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah it is but I don't think I made too manysilly mistakes in this one compared to the other one

ReputationRep:
    yeah it is but I don't think I made too manysilly mistakes in this one compared to the other one
    That is the only mark in the paper I dropped, thats why I am a tiny bit annoyed but its still an A* so no worries
    How did you find the paper overall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J__)
    That is the only mark in the paper I dropped, thats why I am a tiny bit annoyed but its still an A* so no worries
    How did you find the paper overall?
    I was ok with it until I saw the last two pages, the last question really stressed me out. I tried the cosine and sine but used the wrong sides so I will hopefully get a couple of marks for using the correct equations

ReputationRep:
    I was ok with it until I saw the last two pages, the last question really stressed me out. I tried the cosine and sine but used the wrong sides so I will hopefully get a couple of marks for using the correct equations
    Yeah the last question was quite difficult, it was a bit like a puzzle but you should get some working marks for the use of the correct formulas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lokixyy)
    overall what would around 125-135 be ?
    About an A

ReputationRep:
    An A is normally 130

ReputationRep:
    he said that he isn't going to do it for paper two. The only reason he did it for paper one was to help his students and they leaked it online
    What!? Why?! No!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stay.rad)
    What!? Why?! No!
    IKR That's what i thought as well

ReputationRep:
    Should be a B congrats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cameron Lambo)
    Should be a B congrats
    More like an A: about 130ish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stay.rad)
    What!? Why?! No!
    ikr its not like it takes too long to do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnonymousGeek)
    Does anybody have the pdf copy of this paper with solutions???
    There is one on youtube. Its only 1 in 47 secs long but you can just about see it. The metal bars question is wrong though I think. It says 34. I'm sure the answer was 3. I cant attach links. Just search 'solutions to edexcel maths calculator paper june 2016'

ReputationRep:
    Did you test 3.75? If not, that's two marks you've lost.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.