Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who do you miss on TSR? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No cos she couldn't have befriended more of a hermit Also I am edging out of the cave a little but at the time i only had TSR as a method of contact
    don't be shy little hermit crab

:hugs:

(Original post by hezzlington)
    don't be shy little hermit crab

well i try not to be I have skype now so small steps out of the cave

ReputationRep:
    The Diplomat. for sure

but like, the classics (for me when I got into TSR) like william walker, AG, anonynmous etc etc

ReputationRep:
    Imsoacademic wonder if she likes Durham and met anyone there she likes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chikane)
    Imsoacademic wonder if she likes Durham and met anyone there she likes
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=191215

Edit: Just realized chikane, you responded to the bit in the spoiler :P

RIP
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It was a coincidence that when I was browsing TSR for other reasons that I saw a thread about me and thought it would be nice if you had a reply about what's happening to me.

I think everyone knows I'm at Durham now, half way through my degree. What I found out was that as much as "academics" are important, it's not everything. Academics just show you can do well in exams and have a good memory, but besides that it tells you nothing about what a person is really like.

University has been a tough time as some people don't accept you for who you are. I have learnt from my time at TSR that no matter what, it is important to stay true to yourself than try to change yourself to make people like you. People come and go. People can be judgmental, especially when it comes to academics. I have now seen it for myself what it is like when people think they are the best things ever because they have high marks. For the record, I'm doing OK but not as well as I would have expected.

I have also learnt a lot about what it means to be an "Oxbridge student". I thought they were the greatest gifts on this planet because they are intelligent, good-looking, confident, highly capable and destined for good things. They also give the impression that they are well-polished from the way they act, the way they speak and how they look like. Those qualities aren't restricted to those who attend those institutions, many people I know who are at Oxbridge I've found out are as dumb as a box of rocks. University name isn't everything. What was most interesting is that many of the students there are insecure as hell, which isn't surprising given the nature of the environment down there. It's what encourages them to do better than everybody else.

I'm similar to the Oxbridge ideal more so than I would like to think. I have spent a lot of time feeling sorry for myself and hating the person I am. That isn't the way to go. I have had a tough few years but I have decided to accept myself for who I am and be the best person I can be, and that is how I will outshine many Oxbridge graduates. I am very unique.

I thought I would write a lot more than that, but that is all I have to say for now. I'm happy to answer questions but it will be later as I need to catch up on my reading. I'm glad I am still remembered on here.

EDIT: I won't be answering questions. imso is over and out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Incredible97
    :ninjagirl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Incredible97)
    :ninjagirl:
    If you spot her, please notify the Missing Persons Unit as soon as possible. Thank you for your co-operation.

Ethereal World

I was thinking the other day about how much I miss this account -- I'm still really close with EW off TSR, but that account was a presence within itself. Her blog and the account itself were such a positive contribution to the community and I miss interacting with her around the forum. The rise and fall of Ethereal was a whirlwind, that's for sure. :moon: RIP Ethereal World.

Also, shoutout to whorace. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Placenta talpae.

Miss our convos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Placenta talpae.

Miss our convos.
    Lmao, I remember Maid Marian made a farewell thread when he left as if the bechara passed away - mods had to close it down because everyone was ripping her for it :lol:

ReputationRep:
    that guy who posted stuff

ReputationRep:
    Dadi?

:rofl:

Lol, that guy hates me :lol:

(Original post by Zamestaneh)
    Lmao, I remember Maid Marian made a farewell thread when he left as if the bechara passed away - mods had to close it down because everyone was ripping her for it :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Kalail
    & where you dawg RainbowKiwi :cry2:
    And my crazy butt buddy on the Walking Dead forum.. name forgotten

and ofc #Keem (who is probs hiding some where here :lol:)

ReputationRep:
    Nobody misses Awesome Genius ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlenorthernlass)
    Wow, with the name change, I didn't realise you were still around :lol: My apologies, but it was funny at the time (mainly the backlash of threads miming your one) Anyway, I guess those were valid feelings and emotions you had (you are human after all) so I shouldn't laugh or mock so much.

ReputationRep:
    my mum

ReputationRep:
    Viva Emptiness

I ****ed that up :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternalflames)
    Dadi?

:rofl:

Lol, that guy hates me :lol:
    Not just you :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamestaneh)
    Oh my god yeah and she got really emotional over it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.