Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boyfriend refusing to meet me half way Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Good Evening All.

I have been in a relationship for the past 9 months with my boyfriend he is refusing to introduce me to his friends and his family.

I have paid now 7 times...for a Hotel to see him for several weeks at a time costing me over £5000 (I work full time and so does he) i have never been to his house nor met any of his friends.

Anytime i bring up this i get a blank response and he changes the subject.

What am i meant to do? I love this guy HUGELY, and he messages me first in the morning and last at night and just looking through our Facebook chats and we we have had over 193,000 messages.

I get ''I love you so much'' several times throughout the day argh please help!

Am i wasting my money? , he doesn't earn anything like i do but when i do visit he pays for some meals for me etc.
    what do you do for work?

(Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE)
    what do you do for work?
    I am a nurse.

ReputationRep:
    Good Evening All.

I have been in a relationship for the past 9 months with my boyfriend he is refusing to introduce me to his friends and his family.

I have paid now 7 times...for a Hotel to see him for several weeks at a time costing me over £5000 (I work full time and so does he) i have never been to his house nor met any of his friends.

Anytime i bring up this i get a blank response and he changes the subject.

What am i meant to do? I love this guy HUGELY, and he messages me first in the morning and last at night and just looking through our Facebook chats and we we have had over 193,000 messages.

Am i wasting my money? , he doesn't earn anything like i do but when i do visit he pays for some meals for me etc.
    He dosen't seem ready to introduce you to his family or friends i would question how serious he is about you.

Also you having to pay each time for the hotel room is not on he should be paying too.

It's easy for him to type 'i love you' but its just words they mean nothing unless he shows he loves you and by hiding you away like a dirty secret with no valid reason just shows he might not think of a future with you.

You need to have a chat with him and tell him its not on.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Nope couldn't even tell you one of his friends names.
    alarm bells right there!
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    How do you know he isnt married or has a gf? I agree wiith the other poster that you seem to be in denial and unable to stick up for yourself.

ReputationRep:
    He has another girlfriend? I'd cut and run now before spending another penny. How do you spend weeks at a time in a hotel in his area if you work full time too?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    He has another girlfriend? I'd cut and run now before spending another penny. How do you spend weeks at a time in a hotel in his area if you work full time too?!
    She said she is a nurse so she probably works 3 long days and he god knows what he does.

If it was serious he would at least offer to pay some of the time. Anyone can text i love you,

ReputationRep:
    Can you meet me half wayyyyy

Right at the borderline

That's where I'm gonna wait for youuu

I'll be lookin out, night and dayyyy

Took my heart to the limit and this is where I'll stayyyyyy

Thanks for all the responses.

I'll see what happens when he messages me i'll ask him about his friends and see if i get anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    Has he told you his wife's name? His children's?

Definitely dump and move on.

I asked him what the problem was and he said he is Gay.

:/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undercxver)
    Can you meet me half wayyyyy

Right at the borderline

That's where I'm gonna wait for youuu

I'll be lookin out, night and dayyyy

Took my heart to the limit and this is where I'll stayyyyyy
    Tuneee

ReputationRep:
    I love this guy HUGELY, and he messages me first in the morning and last at night and just looking through our Facebook chats and we we have had over 193,000 messages.

The difference between sugar daddies and their girls versus sugar mamas and their boys is that the former understand the arrangement.

ReputationRep:

is he being serious?! You sleep with this guy right?

ReputationRep:

Ok.....I think you should break up with him he must be bisexual if he is sleeping with you.

(Original post by cshstudent)
    Yes we've slept together and i told him it's over.

ReputationRep:
    I think that is the best decision for you and your self respect! Plenty of boys out there who will show you off to their friends

Well done for making the choice I understand it will be hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cshstudent)
    Lol she books a hotel for them both doubt they book it to have cosy chats under the covers.

ReputationRep:
    You sure it's not an excuse he is giving you?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.