Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keepyourapology)
    What were the heart questions? I completely forgot..And don't worry, I'm sure you did okay. The paper was a bit messed up.
    It was a tick box with a diagram above? The first 6 marker was a little weird too, although I did manage it. Second one was much nicer, I think.

ReputationRep:
    What is 42 i got that???

ReputationRep:
    What were the heart questions? I completely forgot..And don't worry, I'm sure you did okay. The paper was a bit messed up.
    The heart question said about a coronary artery being narrowed or blocked and state the impact it would have to the heart and cells around it

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, lots of people said that, but then, why would they put that sucrose table if it didn't show the pattern? Maybe it was to throw us off, but I'm not very sure. I'll ask my Biology teacher. What did other people in your year put?

That's a really good answer, ngl, I put a dumb one, like there's more chloroplasts at the top because that's where most of the sun is absorbed so the plant can start producing glucose right away. Wow, I feel stupid now. xP I hope I didn't lose enough marks to lose an A*..I don't know how the grade boundaries will be.
    Because there was a question comparing the two or something wasn't there? (If not, maybe they were trying to throw us off!) Everyone I spoke to but 42 aswell

& also haha thank you! It was only 2/3 marks so I think you're good - according to twitter there's really mixed opinions, people loved the exam or hated it, so hopefully lower boundaries!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bue34 c)
    The heart question said about a coronary artery being narrowed or blocked and state the impact it would have to the heart and cells around it
    Thankyou! ^^ That was the six marker, do you remember any of the other ones?

(Original post by Gddkajsb)
    What is 42 i got that???
    Question with the pH and the sucrose/lactose.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but there was a one mark Q previous to that I think. For that 6 marker I mentioned lack of respiration, build up of lactic acid, fatigue, less oxygen for diffusion to working cells etc. etc..

ReputationRep:
    did you guys get 210? for the maths question?

ReputationRep:
    The second 6 marker asked about how water reached leaves in plants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrlhyms)
    Yes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrlhyms)
    i got that but its wrong because after the exam i realised 3 bases/ codon = 1 amino acid thus 620 * 3 not divide

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caitlinford3)
    Because there was a question comparing the two or something wasn't there? (If not, maybe they were trying to throw us off!) Everyone I spoke to but 42 aswell

& also haha thank you! It was only 2/3 marks so I think you're good - according to twitter there's really mixed opinions, people loved the exam or hated it, so hopefully lower boundaries!

The problem was, there were too many graphs to read from!! I hate it when they do that. That fossil one was bizarre!

ReputationRep:
    i got that but its wrong because after the exam i realised 3 bases/ codon = 1 amino acid thus 620 * 3 not divide

Great, there's another silly mistake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by htkta)
    The problem was, there were too many graphs to read from!! I hate it when they do that. That fossil one was bizarre!
    which part for the fossil one? the reason why the population size decreased was weird i agree. I said it decreased due to respiration - not enough oxygen and becoming extinct lol

ReputationRep:
    which part for the fossil one? the reason why the population size decreased was weird i agree. I said it decreased due to respiration - not enough oxygen and becoming extinct lol
    I used figures from the graph itself and talked about mutation, and introduction of new predators and human intervention??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by htkta)
    Yeah! And the question around suggesting why the population of group A decreased felt more of a B1 kind of question with natural selection and stuff

ReputationRep:
    oh seriously?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by htkta)
    I used figures from the graph itself and talked about mutation, and introduction of new predators and human intervention??
    I said that because group B and C were increasing in population, they were predators for group A mammals or taking their food/habitats. I said something about climate change too.

ReputationRep:
    For the peristalsis question if u spelt it wrong u reckon they will still give you a mark?
    and also what did you guys get for the estimate the volume of carbon dioxide

ReputationRep:

i got 42 too

ReputationRep:
    Yeah! And the question around suggesting why the population of group A decreased felt more of a B1 kind of question with natural selection and stuff
    Yeah.. Mixed feelings I guess. The whole DNA extraction section I didn't like either, just because there's barely anything on it in the science textbooks

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.