The Student Room Group

AQA B3 paper 10/6/16

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Michelle15
the six marker on body temperature was definitely hot.
the first six marker was definitely on the blood.
Are people sure they are talking about AQA B3? not another exam board?!

Agreed

I think you sat AQA Further Science?
Original post by Federerr
No it was on how the body reacts to when it's hot. You had to talk about vasodilation and sweating.

It was cold, I spoke about constriction, no sweat, hairs stand up and shivering

Everyone at my school said it was definitely cold? Definitely aqa b3 higher tier.
Original post by leafcannon
It was something like "Describe how ions, water and sugars are transported up and down plants". The question said you had to refer to transport in both directions in your answer.

up and down? because i swear water moves up, ions up and glucose down. they don't move in the other direction too?
Original post by hello654321
up and down? because i swear water moves up, ions up and glucose down. they don't move in the other direction too?

Water moves up in xylem as it has dead cells that form valves to block back flow i think. Phloem has small holes so that glucose etc can travel wherever i think

You guys probably did Further Additional. There are 2 different specs and therefore 2 different exams. I think most of the questions for the 2 are the same but some are different. Like the people saying they got the question about xylem and phloem (me, for example) had the other spec.

How much have you been smoking?
Original post by Federerr
No it was on how the body reacts to when it's hot. You had to talk about vasodilation and sweating.

Mate, you're a spacker.
Original post by Rangzii
Water moves up in xylem as it has dead cells that form valves to block back flow i think. Phloem has small holes so that glucose etc can travel wherever i think

i know :smile: in your earlier comment you said we had to talk about all substances moving up and down, but now i understand so never mind :smile:
Original post by ahhn9
I made the same mistake and wrote about when the core body temperature overheats :/ 6 easy marks down the drain aghh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg I wrote that first but then I read the question again and then changed it.:redface: I am sure you have still done well.:smile: What do you think you've got on your papers, maybe an estimate?
Reply 31
Original post by starstudent7
Omg I wrote that first but then I read the question again and then changed it.:redface: I am sure you have still done well.:smile: What do you think you've got on your papers, maybe an estimate?

I'm hoping mid 30's. I just want a b at this point lol. What about you?

Did you do the foundation paper or the higher paper?
I am sure it was about how the body reacts when the thermoregulatory system detects a rise in temperature, not about cold like a few other people have said.
Original post by tineasum
Did you do the foundation paper or the higher paper?
I got the same as that guy and i was doing higher.
Reply 35
Is there a b3 mark scheme anywhere?
Original post by Rangzii
Everyone at my school said it was definitely cold? Definitely aqa b3 higher tier.

it was when core body temperature became too high
Original post by adder007jnr
I am sure it was about how the body reacts when the thermoregulatory system detects a rise in temperature, not about cold like a few other people have said.

Yep, we got the same thing
Original post by wildjones
It was definitely cold, I triple checked it

it wasn't cold it was hot trust
Original post by Fatimah21
Yep, we got the same thing
Possibly the cold was on foundation because there are more points to be made on cold, like shivering and hairs etc. but with being too hot there's not as much to be said therefore making it a harder question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending