Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    So an offer that specifies A*A*A in maths, FM and Physics with the A* required in FM and Physics is effectively a A*A*A* offer
    No, I've known several people get A in Maths and A* in FM as they failed to nail 180 UMS in C3 and C4 but managed the 270 UMS required in the best 3 A2 FM units.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Compost)
    No, I've known several people get A in Maths and A* in FM as they failed to nail 180 UMS in C3 and C4 but managed the 270 UMS required in the best 3 A2 FM units.
    Ah yes true.

ReputationRep:
    They will give you 2 A* and maximise your Maths UMS. You do not have a choice.
    That seems a bit rigid doesn't it? What if your conditional offer only depended on further maths and not normal maths, so you would want to optimise your further maths grade first, surely you can request this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikhilm)
    That seems a bit rigid doesn't it? What if your conditional offer only depended on further maths and not normal maths, so you would want to optimise your further maths grade first, surely you can request this?
    You can request it but it won't make any difference. The rules are all here: http://www.jcq.org.uk/exams-office/e...ce-for-centres and have been the same for the last 8 years, Universities making offers will know the system when they make offers and they apply to everyone. The only point when you get any choice is that you can choose to drop a grade in Maths in order to pass FM.

ReputationRep:
    You can request it but it won't make any difference. The rules are all here: http://www.jcq.org.uk/exams-office/e...ce-for-centres and have been the same for the last 8 years, Universities making offers will know the system when they make offers and they apply to everyone. The only point when you get any choice is that you can choose to drop a grade in Maths in order to pass FM.
    Ah okay thanks. So in my case i got C1 (98), C2 (100), C3 (100), C4 (93), M1 (100), M2 (94).

So in the case I even get something like S1 (60) this year for further maths and don't have an average of 90% across three modules needed for an A* in f maths, but would have the required average if M2 is put with further maths, they'll still switch S1 for M2 bc further maths grading has preference over maths ums?

***all provided I request re-certification before September***

ReputationRep:
    they'll still switch S1 for M2 bc further maths grading has preference over maths ums?
    Yes.
    ***all provided I request re-certification before September***
    It is probably already done.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

Awesome, cheers.

ReputationRep:

Went to go and see him today, he actually hadn't done it!

What he did was recash my maths a level. Just to make sure, this unlocks all twelve modules right?

ReputationRep:
    Went to go and see him today, he actually hadn't done it!

What he did was recash my maths a level. Just to make sure, this unlocks all twelve modules right?
    He needs to have cashed the AS Maths in as well.

ReputationRep:
    He needs to have cashed the AS Maths in as well.
    Okay, thanks, I'll ask him to do that on Friday

ReputationRep:
    For the edexcel further maths A2 what is required for an A*. I am doing M2, M3, M4, S2, FP1, FP2, FP3. Do you have to get an average of over 90% in your best 3 A2 modules and must this include either FP2 or FP3 or could it just be M2 M3 and M4 for example??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by federer98)
    For the edexcel further maths A2 what is required for an A*. I am doing M2, M3, M4, S2, FP1, FP2, FP3. Do you have to get an average of over 90% in your best 3 A2 modules and must this include either FP2 or FP3 or could it just be M2 M3 and M4 for example??
    It is your best 3 A2 units, so any of them.

ReputationRep:
    They will give you 2 A* and maximise your Maths UMS. You do not have a choice.
    what if i think i have a shot of getting some ranking or something on my country or region in FM but not Al , and i want to keep the highest units for my FM? cant i just do something about that ?

ReputationRep:
    Don't know the rules for CIE but not for Edexcel.

ReputationRep:
    Is it only possible to re-cash in the maths a level on results day? I'm in the same position as I finished my A level maths last year (certified already) and I'm currently doing my A level further maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saira.p)
    Is it only possible to re-cash in the maths a level on results day? I'm in the same position as I finished my A level maths last year (certified already) and I'm currently doing my A level further maths.
    You can do it before. Cashing-in before 21 February was free. Now it costs around £4 per cash-in and you can do it any time up to 20 September. Any centre that teaches FM ought to know to re-cash in everything again anyway so you should find it has already been done.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.