Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I should quite really the only drink I have had today is 2 cans of coke. I drink anything from 500ml to 1.3 litres of the stuff a day!

Ribena is way better then coke.

(Original post by amazingtrade)
    I should quite really the only drink I have had today is 2 cans of coke. I drink anything from 500ml to 1.3 litres of the stuff a day!
    Shocking behaviour, i'm sure your teeth don't appreciate that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by historyhoney)
    Most wont remember but a couple of days ago I decided tostop drinking diet coke couse its bad for you, and I thought I would say how I'm gettting on...

Well, I'm getting on really well if you take out the minor detail that I'm still drinking it!!!

any suggestions to help stop, or bettter alternatives (NOT WATER!!!)

At the moment I am very tired as I'm getting back from my perfromances for viola late and checking my mail quickly thengoing to bed... what should I do???
    This might help: diet coke (and all fizzy drinks) have an ingredient in common with car paint stripper

ReputationRep:
    Most wont remember but a couple of days ago I decided tostop drinking diet coke couse its bad for you, and I thought I would say how I'm gettting on...

Well, I'm getting on really well if you take out the minor detail that I'm still drinking it!!!

any suggestions to help stop, or bettter alternatives (NOT WATER!!!)

At the moment I am very tired as I'm getting back from my perfromances for viola late and checking my mail quickly thengoing to bed... what should I do???
    I was the same. I have stopped drinking all fizzy drinks. But i now only drink water. Even though you may not want to hear that it is the best drink to drink. I didnt like it when i started but you do get use to it. I not have been drinking water all the time for about a year now .

ReputationRep:
    Coke is really nice though, okay, I'm not going to have any (seriously!!!) I will go back to frinking 8 glasses of water. Any suggestions for tiredness? Today I slept into 11:30am, cause I am soooooo tired

ReputationRep:
    I do want to, I dont think I'll have any today couase I'm not going out until my concert, I get really tired in them though because I have to play for three hours to 11:00pm. I think I'll try to buy something else, I do go through phases though, befrore I drank loads of apple tango! I think its cause when I was younger I wasn't allowed any fizzy drinks. I might try the flavoured water as that could bring me back to drinking water.
    flavoured water is horrible though!.......why not drink coffee instead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Ribena is way better then coke.
    i agree......it doesn't make me feel sick after i've drank half the bottle, unlike coke:rolleyes:

Today I slept into 11:30am, cause I am soooooo tired
    So what? That's early for me.

On that note 2000 posts come up for me.

(Original post by Saf!)
    i agree......it doesn't make me feel sick after i've drank half the bottle, unlike coke
    Unless, of course, you fail to dilute it with water.

ReputationRep:
    coffee's just as bad as coke!!! Flavouredwater is a way to gntly lull back into water

ReputationRep:
    So what? That's early for me.

On that note 2000 posts come up for me.
    welldone, oo and I got 200!

and, 11 is starterling late, I'm losing almost all the day becasue I have to leave at six to go out and I have a paper round, I'm doing nothing all day!

ReputationRep:
    Unless, of course, you fail to dilute it with water.
    don't worry i'm not that thick!

ReputationRep:
    coffee's just as bad as coke!!! Flavouredwater is a way to gntly lull back into water
    o'k what about tea........it' not as bad as coke/coffee and it's better and makes you feel better as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    o'k what about tea........it' not as bad as coke/coffee and it's better and makes you feel better as well
    I did that for a while, but put on weight cause I had two sugars and a lot of milk, I think water is the safest option!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    I think tea has more caffeine in than coffee.
    (And coffee is so much cooler :-))

Might I suggest herbal tea.

ReputationRep:
    I used to be a coke/anything-fizzy/coffee addict madman too before I stopped with the coffee (6 months ago) and the fizzy drinks 3/4 weeks ago. Its so much healthier to have just water..stuff like Ribena/Vimto etc.

Since giving up fizzy drinks I've become completely spotless..I mean, I was pretty spotless anyway but now its like..uber spotless, no marks, no scars, no nothing. Admittedly, when I'm out with m8s, I will drink a can of Pepsi with a meal or what have you, if no bottled water is available, buts rarely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)

You should drink diet decaf coke... it tastes like poo, but it's healthier to drink than either diet or regular coke, i suppose. Else, if it's the fizz you like, buy some carbonated water and mix it with fruit juices, that's nice.

ReputationRep:
    I dont see the point of diet decaff coke, its just coloured water!

ReputationRep:
    Any suggestions for tiredness? Today I slept into 11:30am, cause I am soooooo tired
    Go back to bed! :rolleyes:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.