Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My exams are making me depressed, am I normal? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anne.jpg)
    You're his servant? Can I buy you?
    Rude and stupid, not the best combination if you ask me.

ReputationRep:
    I fee like this as-well, how many marks did you get in maths? It's an unofficial mark scheme and many people are too confident on the amount of marks that they have go so it's just assumptions. dw man you'll get what you want tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asma-A)
    I haven't even gotten my results back but looking at unofficial mark schemes and talking to other people after exams has actually depressed me.

On the non-calculator paper, I was in such a good mood, I found several questions easy, but once I left that exam hall and overheard other people discussing those several questions, I realised I found them TOO easy....
    Upon realising I must've lost several marks, I got home knowing the unofficial mark scheme was already live, so I counted up, in confidence, the answers that I recognised writing down.

I went onto the grade boundaries for last years exam, calming down as I realised I got the A I worked so hard to get, but then I realised that this exam was easier than last years, so the grade boundaries wont be so generous, and that I had in fact got a B.

To some people, they might find it ridiculous as to why someone would get so depressed over a B, but when I heard people that were usually getting D's-C's realising they got an A on their maths exams, I felt so disappointed.

I am at the point now where I have no energy for any more exams, and have lost all confidence in myself. I've hardly left my room and its taking all of my energy to write this but honestly, I normally never get so worked up over a maths exam, I should be overjoyed now that its over.

But I can't shake the feeling that this is going to be the outcome of all my exams that I left confidently; I'm not going to be getting the grades I worked so hard for. Maybe I just don't perform well under exam conditions, is that a possibility?

Anyway, my question and purpose for creating this thread is to ask if anybody else has had a similar problem, and how they overcame it because I'm not getting a lot of sympathy off my family ("Oh, you should've revised" which I had been doing for the past 3 months)
    alcohol

ReputationRep:
    dont discuss the answers with people once the exam is over cos they might have gotten it wrong..when we leave the exam hall i just go home instead of waiting for people cos all they'll do is talk about what answers they got an its so annoying

ReputationRep:
    I haven't even gotten my results back but looking at unofficial mark schemes and talking to other people after exams has actually depressed me.

On the non-calculator paper, I was in such a good mood, I found several questions easy, but once I left that exam hall and overheard other people discussing those several questions, I realised I found them TOO easy....
    Upon realising I must've lost several marks, I got home knowing the unofficial mark scheme was already live, so I counted up, in confidence, the answers that I recognised writing down.

I went onto the grade boundaries for last years exam, calming down as I realised I got the A I worked so hard to get, but then I realised that this exam was easier than last years, so the grade boundaries wont be so generous, and that I had in fact got a B.

To some people, they might find it ridiculous as to why someone would get so depressed over a B, but when I heard people that were usually getting D's-C's realising they got an A on their maths exams, I felt so disappointed.

I am at the point now where I have no energy for any more exams, and have lost all confidence in myself. I've hardly left my room and its taking all of my energy to write this but honestly, I normally never get so worked up over a maths exam, I should be overjoyed now that its over.

But I can't shake the feeling that this is going to be the outcome of all my exams that I left confidently; I'm not going to be getting the grades I worked so hard for. Maybe I just don't perform well under exam conditions, is that a possibility?

Anyway, my question and purpose for creating this thread is to ask if anybody else has had a similar problem, and how they overcame it because I'm not getting a lot of sympathy off my family ("Oh, you should've revised" which I had been doing for the past 3 months)
    This is why you shouldnt really talk about exams after they have finished, youll have certain people conifdent of their answers which makes you doubt yourself and then the "UNOFFICIAL" MS doesnt have the same answer and you think youve done bad.
    I always used to look at unofficial MS but for my a2 exams im gonna stay clear

Don't listen to some of the unkind replies you have received. Yes, it is completely normal - at least for someone who works and cares about their education. I worked very hard all year and am absolutely devastated with how my A level exams have gone. What I am trying to do, and I recommend you try this to, is to be proud not of what grade I end up with, but how hard I worked. I know that I can hold my head up high and say that I could not have done any more than I did. So, there is nothing to be ashamed of.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I got really depressed last year after looking at the unofficial mark schemes, which, I believe, was partly responsible for me dropping a grade in two subjects. It just makes you feel worried and disheartened so you lose focus on the remaining exams.

ReputationRep:
    Dude this is how everyone feels tbh. That maths paper was by far the easiest thats ever come up but everyones gonna make silly mistake
    I lost like good 6-8 mark on silly mistakes if it makes u feel better.

The grade boundary wont be unimaginably high. Max it will about 165 for A*
    So you can lose about 35 marks overall and still get A*. Even if u make silly mistakes you will lose about 10 marks maximum combining both papers
    and you might lost about 6-8 marks on questions you didn't know which is 18 < 30. A* is most possible. Dont give up hope
    instead pray to gabe newell that you will get A*

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.