Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

'NEVER call us racist again' Ukip's black and ethnic minority candidates fight back Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Defraction)
    It attracts a lot of racist people even though the party is not 'racist'.

http://leftfootforward.org/2015/02/i...ld-suggest-so/
    Agreed. The Metropolitan Police were accused and pretty much convicted of being institutionally racist after the fall out from the Stephen Lawrence case. I wonder if UKIP would be similarly found to be institutionally racist if subjected to the same spot light?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by markova21)
    I see that Dennis Skinner has come out in favour of Brexit. I read somewhere that he said there are actually a lot of Labour Party MP's who would love to vote Leave but don't want to be associated with Farage and other Brexiters. I think this is silly of them if that's the case. They have to put aside their wider political differences and tell people their beliefs, one way or the other I think.
    Which is silly, because they're associating with people like Cameron and Osborne by campaigning to stay. It was also interesting listening to the Andrew Neil Interviews that only Benn was incapable of ignoring party political points scoring.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Winston Mckenzie is that Homophobic UKIP ballbag.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just going to rant here, I personally think people who originate from first or second generation immigrants who join parties such as UKIP and then protest about immigration being too much and whatnot I think are a disgrace (That Priti tory chick who is campaigning for brexit and who uses immigration as reason to vote brexit comes to mind).

My parents both immigrated to London from Africa in the early 90's I would hate to think what would become of me if they never came here or were prevented from coming here. I mean think about it, if the UK denied their parents or whatever entry all those years ago, what would they have become now in their host countries? Would they have received the same education in those countries, would they have the same standard of living in their host country as they do here, would they have the same human rights? For a large majority almost certainly not. So why then would they try to prevent the same opportunities from being given to people in similar situations as to those of their parents or grandparents all those years ago is beyond me. When people of the indigenous population complain about immigration in their homeland being a source of their woes(full blooded white englishmen), I don't agree with their views but I can accept them saying that as they do have firm roots here and so I believe have the right to say it.

Long story short such people need to have massive rethink.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by captainslow69)
    I'm just going to rant here, I personally think people who originate from first or second generation immigrants who join parties such as UKIP and then protest about immigration being too much and whatnot I think are a disgrace (That Priti tory chick who is campaigning for brexit and who uses immigration as reason to vote brexit comes to mind).

My parents both immigrated to London from Africa in the early 90's I would hate to think what would become of me if they never came here or were prevented from coming here. I mean think about it, if the UK denied their parents or whatever entry all those years ago, what would they have become now in their host countries? Would they have received the same education in those countries, would they have the same standard of living in their host country as they do here, would they have the same human rights? For a large majority almost certainly not. So why then would they try to prevent the same opportunities from being given to people in similar situations as to those of their parents or grandparents all those years ago is beyond me. When people of the indigenous population complain about immigration in their homeland being a source of their woes(full blooded white englishmen), I don't agree with their views but I can accept them saying that as they do have firm roots here and so I believe have the right to say it.

It's not hypocritical - they immigrated here because it was a good place to immigrate to, but with uncontrolled immigration the things that make this place so attractive risk damage.
    They're just wanting to ensure this place is still attractive and still a great place for immigrants to come to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    Oh yes.
    I am Chinese, and I vote UKIP and out!
    You are?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't even agree that UKIP necessarily attracts more racists than any other party.

What it might well do however is attract more overtly racist people.And overtly as in a bumbling fool kind of way in many cases.

But the overwhelming majority of racist people have long ago learned to keep it very well hidden.

And they are just as likely to vote Tory or Labour than UKIP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhiteMan16)
    AN EMOTIONAL Nigel Farage last night instructed Ukip's opponents to stop labelling the party as "racist" as dozens of election candidates from black, Asian and mixed race backgrounds stood alongside him.

I don't care what you call us but from this moment on, please, do not ever call us a racist party. We are not a racist party.

The Ukip leader used a specially convened public meeting near Westminster to challenge the accusations of racism levelled at his party in recent weeks, fuelled by controversial tweets from a small number of party election candidates.

Flanked by a number of European parliament and local council candidates, including Pakistani-born Amjad Bashir, mixed-race Mancunian Steven Woolfe, and former boxer Winston McKenzie - who is British and of Jamaican heritage - Mr Farage said: "I don't care what you call us but from this moment on, please, do not ever call us a racist party. We are not a racist party."

Read More:
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/474...ers-fight-back
    This is all a facade.

Ethnic minorities do not vote UKIP, err well because it's a racist party lol. Farage can deny it all he wants, but the truth is plain and clear for all to see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nidhoggr)
    This is all a facade.

Ethnic minorities do not vote UKIP, err well because it's a racist party lol. Farage can deny it all he wants, but the truth is plain and clear for all to see.
    All those people are just white guys in blackface then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EuanF)
    All those people are just white guys in blackface then?
    lol, how gullible are you srsly?..... 10 minorities getting on a stage and shaking hands with Farage does not mean jacksh*t in reality.

Significant majority of members in UKIP are racist and there's more than enough evidence / documentation of that.

Like I said, this is just grandstanding (smoke & mirrors).
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    lol, how gullible are you srsly?..... 10 minorities getting on a stage and shaking hands with Farage does not mean jacksh*t in reality.

Significant majority of members in UKIP are racist and there's more than enough evidence / documentation of that.

Like I said, this is just grandstanding (smoke & mirrors).
    Care to share this evidence given I would say significant majority would be at least 60pc

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Care to share this evidence given I would say significant majority would be at least 60pc

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Typing "ukip racist" in google returns half a million results.

There's your evidence m8.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really think that UKIP is racist, but I do think that they're culturally ignorant, and they're stuck in the past. They go on about bringing back 'British traditions' and 'British values'. Half the time, I don't even get what they mean by that. 'British traditions' could mean anything, as Britain's culture and society has changed drastically several times in the past. Exactly what time period's traditions are we meant to go back to?

And I figure I should point out that no matter what race you are, you can be racist towards other races or your own race. Racism isn't exclusive to white Englishmen.

ReputationRep:

Googling "unicorns are real" yields just as many - whats your point?

ReputationRep:

"Flat earth is true" gets over 15 million.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by captainslow69)

Because we have to look after our national interests and social cohesion, not take on all the problems of the world in misguided utopianism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jazzyboy)
    I don't really think that UKIP is racist, but I do think that they're culturally ignorant, and they're stuck in the past. They go on about bringing back 'British traditions' and 'British values'. Half the time, I don't even get what they mean by that. 'British traditions' could mean anything, as Britain's culture and society has changed drastically several times in the past. Exactly what time period's traditions are we meant to go back to?

And I figure I should point out that no matter what race you are, you can be racist towards other races or your own race. Racism isn't exclusive to white Englishmen.
    Lol, yeah it could mean anything from eating more steak pies to witch burning.

They aren't officially a racist party like the BNP, but the problem with them IMO is that being the party furthest to the right with any mainstream credibility they attract the racist vote.

ReputationRep:
    Racist :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    Because we have to look after our national interests and social cohesion, not take on all the problems of the world in misguided utopianism.
    One could argue that their parents are part of the 'problem'. What makes their parents or grandparents superior to a current economic migrant? They are both the same and so none has the right to tell another whether he/she can migrate here or not. Because the very same opportunity could've been prevented all those years ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EuanF)
    It's not hypocritical - they immigrated here because it was a good place to immigrate to, but with uncontrolled immigration the things that make this place so attractive risk damage.
    They're just wanting to ensure this place is still attractive and still a great place for immigrants to come to.
    Is hypocritical their parents were immigrants. Those parents could've just as easily have been denied entry to the UK. And what would their sons or daughters born and raised here have become in the country of their parents? Most likely nothing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.