Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    You can make big batches of anything really and freeze them, such as stew, cottage pie, bolognese, shepherd's pie, etc. It is cheaper and healthy, my parents do it a lot and i am planning on doing it when i go to uni. Or you can make big batches of stir fry and stuff to keep in the fridge or whatever until you want to eat it. Or bubble and squeek. Boil some potatoes and cabbage and keep it in the fridge until you want to fry it and eat it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    always carry cash and be prepared to haggle
    as it can work especially if you are willing to pay cash
    username checks out

ReputationRep:
    lol thanks for the many funny answers! anymore genuine ones?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paige_Makepeace)
    You can make big batches of anything really and freeze them, such as stew, cottage pie, bolognese, shepherd's pie, etc. It is cheaper and healthy, my parents do it a lot and i am planning on doing it when i go to uni. Or you can make big batches of stir fry and stuff to keep in the fridge or whatever until you want to eat it. Or bubble and squeek. Boil some potatoes and cabbage and keep it in the fridge until you want to fry it and eat it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    cheers thats a good one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aydin7)
    username checks out
    it works i always use cash when i buy jewellery it works quicker when to pull out a wedge of £20 or £50 notes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    it works i always use cash when i buy jewellery it works quicker when to pull out a wedge of £20 or £50 notes
    Is jewelry a code word for something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aydin7)
    Is jewelry a code word for something?
    noi'm a collector i love gold and platinum i have a few piece in an ever growing collection

ReputationRep:
    Don't buy **** you don't need. The amount of times my housemates complained they had no money for food after going on an ASOS spending spree was astounding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TattyBoJangles)
    Don't buy **** you don't need. The amount of times my housemates complained they had no money for food after going on an ASOS spending spree was astounding.
    very true

ReputationRep:
    Join Unidays for more discounts

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Always remember to ask whether shops and services do student discount when you are buying. Lots of places do but they don't necessarily advertise it widely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Shop for clothes in charity shops. You can get brilliant stuff and you are helping a cause too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Gather your own meat from the countryside.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why from the countryside? There's plenty of meat in the city. Sometimes, it's hard to hunt because others of it's kind might try to stop you, but if you stick to alleyways and just pick out passing individuals, you'll eventually get enough meat for a good stew.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Oh and tip for saving: Get a part-time job in a supermarket. Most of them offer staff discount cards, which can save you a lot of money in the long-term. Oh and you'd also get some nice money for working there.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.