Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studenteb3027)
    These are my own predicted grades and I'm not sure whether they're seen as good or poor grades , like will employers and universities accept them?
    Media studies- A
    Maths- B
    English literature- C/B
    English language-B
    Religious studies-A/B
    Business Btec: D (equivalent to A)
    Computing Btec: D (equivalent to A)
    history-C/B
    Art-C
    science- I know I haven't passed science because I did absolutely terrible in the exam!
    Oh dear. I got all A*s if that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prussia)
    Oh dear. I got all A*s if that helps.
    How does the fact that you got maximum grades in all your GCSE's help a person seeking reassurance about getting B's and C's?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    These are my own predicted grades and I'm not sure whether they're seen as good or poor grades , like will employers and universities accept them?
    Media studies- A
    Maths- B
    English literature- C/B
    English language-B
    Religious studies-A/B
    Business Btec: D (equivalent to A)
    Computing Btec: D (equivalent to A)
    history-C/B
    Art-C
    science- I know I haven't passed science because I did absolutely terrible in the exam!
    Little cheeky saying that a Btec is equivalent to an A at GCSE isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyFool229)
    I think the OP may mean BTEC distinction but I do agree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r-t)
    I think the OP may mean BTEC distinction but I do agree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah. Saying a Computing Btec is worth an A when the Computer Science GCSE is much harder (Not too hard, but still harder) is probably a bit insulting and devalues them.

ReputationRep:
    Hardly?

ReputationRep:
    Hardly?
    A BTEC is no where near as rigorous.

ReputationRep:
    A BTEC is no where near as rigorous.
    Well I'd rather listen to all the teachers at my school rather that a user under the name of 'crazyfool'

ReputationRep:
    Well I'd rather listen to all the teachers at my school rather that a user under the name of 'crazyfool'
    You are welcome to voice your opinion and likewise I am welcome to voice mine. Studenteb3027 doesn't make much sense either.

Also, you posting your grades and asking for thoughts clearly shows you want feedback, but if you aren't willing to accept comments then please do not post on a public forum.

ReputationRep:
    You are welcome to voice your opinion and likewise I am welcome to voice mine. Studenteb3027 doesn't make much sense either.

Also, you posting your grades and asking for thoughts clearly shows you want feedback, but if you aren't willing to accept comments then please do not post on a public forum.
    I want feedback from what I have asked not unnecessary comments which are completely irrelevant to what I am asking.

ReputationRep:
    I want feedback from what I have asked not unnecessary comments which are completely irrelevant to what I am asking.
    I am giving you feedback, a BTEC certainly isn't as rigorous as a full GCSE.

Your grades are decent but probably not competitive. Fundamentally AS and A2 will be the most important, though.

Good luck in your studies.

ReputationRep:

Your grades are decent but probably not competitive. Fundamentally AS and A2 will be the most important, though.

Thank you!

ReputationRep:

Clearly wasn't feedback, you were trying to clearly belittle him, weren't you crazyfool? A Btec Distinction is the same as an A, although it doesn't have the same importance, it still matters #JUANMATA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lalarw)
    Clearly wasn't feedback, you were trying to clearly belittle him, weren't you crazyfool? A Btec Distinction is the same as an A, although it doesn't have the same importance, it still matters #JUANMATA
    I never said it doesn't matter, all I said was that it isn't as rigorous.

GCSE Computer Science (Although not very difficult) is not even close to BTEC Computing

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.