Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

whats your parents occupation Watch

ReputationRep:
    Dad is a property developer and owns several properties, a business started by my Grand-father. Mum is now a housewife having been made redundant during the recession.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Thanks for your thoughts

Aha, I guess. But our household income is pretty low atm, which I guess is a good thing as I'm off to uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
    your welcome
    mine is too, andi m at uni too so prob just as well although i have recently left employment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    Dad is a property developer and owns several properties, a business started by my Grand-father. Mum is now a housewife having been made redundant during the recession.
    wow thats impressive!
    aw thats sad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    wow thats impressive!
    aw thats sad
    Mum keeps busy looking after my daughter while I work, if she worked I would have had to pay for child care.

ReputationRep:
    My Dad is an eccentric property billionaire and my Mum is a a supermodel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    Mum keeps busy looking after my daughter while I work, if she worked I would have had to pay for child care.
    wish my mother was that nice >

(Original post by Danny the Geezer)
    My Dad is an eccentric property billionaire and my Mum is a a supermodel.
    ok m8

ReputationRep:
    wish my mother was that nice >

ok m8
    I don't think you believe me. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Mum was a French teacher then SEN teacher.

Dad managed a team of IT-type people that worked in an office, despite knowing little about computers - and I'm ashamed to say I still don't know exactly what he did apart from eat KitKats. He graduated from Oxford in Modern Languages and occasionally travelled abroad when he was younger, so I'm now thinking... spy

Both now retired.

ReputationRep:
    Father is a CEO of an international consultancy company, unfortunately hardly ever see him now due to his work
    Mother is a Masters Student in Birmingham Uni studying English Discourse and Lexical something or another.

ReputationRep:
    My mum's a housewife and part time student and my dad's a doctor.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    omg your dad looks awesome

ReputationRep:
    Both are unemployed.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Dad: environmental consultant (several things in the past)
    Mum: secondary school lab technician, previously was in a biological science background at some labs though not sure what she did.

My mum is a primary school teacher and my dad is an engineer.

Dad has worked in the Indian catering industry all his time here, starting off as a waiter when he first moved to this country, then working his way up to a chef. Before he moved here though, he worked in Abu Dhabi as tailor (from 19-24 years old).

Mum has always been a housewife, despite Dad's low wages, and I have a fair amount of contempt for her because of that.

ReputationRep:
    my mum was a self employed private eye and now works for the NHS
    my dad was a corporal in the RAF and was an auxillary nurse in the gulf war

Attachment 548317
    My dad works in a petrol station as a cashier and a shop and is a delivery driver at a restaurant.
    My mum works in a small shop.
    I tutor some kids and do some odd jobs (legal ones) to get some money but I'm mainly studying for A-Levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny the Geezer)
    I don't think you believe me. :sigh:
    dont think anyone else will either

(Original post by offhegoes)
    Mum was a French teacher then SEN teacher.

Dad managed a team of IT-type people that worked in an office, despite knowing little about computers - and I'm ashamed to say I still don't know exactly what he did apart from eat KitKats. He graduated from Oxford in Modern Languages and occasionally travelled abroad when he was younger, so I'm now thinking... spy

Both now retired.
    successful little family!
    spy sounds cool though

(Original post by AlphaWolfZ)
    Father is a CEO of an international consultancy company, unfortunately hardly ever see him now due to his work
    Mother is a Masters Student in Birmingham Uni studying English Discourse and Lexical something or another.
    again, another successful family!
    although ur dad has an incredibly good and well paying job, it sucks u barely see him
    if it helps, the longest i went without seeing my dad was 4 years

(Original post by nomophobia)
    My mum's a housewife and part time student and my dad's a doctor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    id love a dr as a parent
    do u need to book apps still or can u just go to ur dad?

(Original post by Alexion)
    omg your dad looks awesome
    aw thanks
    its left him quite bad though

(Original post by whydoidothis?)
    Both are unemployed.
    my dad is now too

(Original post by Vikingninja)
    Dad: environmental consultant (several things in the past)
    Mum: secondary school lab technician, previously was in a biological science background at some labs though not sure what she did.
    sounds cool!

(Original post by Naf_A)
    My mum is a primary school teacher and my dad is an engineer.
    it would appear teaching and engineering is more common then i once thought!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Dad has worked in the Indian catering industry all his life, starting off as a waiter when he first moved to this country, then working his way up to a chef.

Mum has always been a housewife, despite Dad's low wages, and I have a fair amount of contempt for her because of that.
    as his been there all of his working career, does he now hate indian? like when people work in pizza shops, they soon get fed up of it

(Original post by Trapz99)
    My dad works in a petrol station as a cashier and a shop and is a delivery driver at a restaurant.
    My mum works in a small shop.
    ur dads a busy man!

it would appear teaching and engineering is more common then i once thought!
    Haha yeah it is,,,my mum used to be a legal clerk-but now prefers teaching she says that its different from all the work she used to do!

ReputationRep:

ur dads a busy man!
    Yeah he is extremely busy. My mum is usually quite busy as well.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.