Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Demotivated because I'm finishing GCSES later than my friends? watch

• Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Wrong attitude. Think of it that you are lucky for having exams that are better spread out , which gives you more time to revise and et good results.

I think your moan is pretty petty. If its such a big deal skip the exams and start your holiday tomorrow. Mail all your friends youi are starting before them.

ReputationRep:
    dude srsly i have an exam on 27th which means i have exams even later than u
    think of it this way, you get more gcses than them and come the results day you can s̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ feel better about yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amingo26)
    No, you have to be in education until your 18th birthday so I went to college, hated it. Went to my sixth form, hated it. Now I am in a finance apprenticeship and it's the WORST so I am resigning in July!

Along the way though, I have figured out what I wanted to do which is civil engineering so I suppose I haven't completely wasted a year! It's just annoying that all my friends from school are going to open days and doing UCAS but I'm only just starting my level 3 study.
    Oh okay but were all your friends 100% certain on what they want to do or were you the only one in that situation? I don't know myself what I want to do lol. Looking at the bright side, at least you know what to do now congrats!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sagelolz)
    Oh okay but were all your friends 100% certain on what they want to do or were you the only one in that situation? I don't know myself what I want to do lol. Looking at the bright side, at least you know what to do now congrats!!
    Yay, finally!! Honestly, I still have no idea what floats my boat... I have just come to a decision on what I am going to do and I am going to stick to it!

I obviously keep in contact with everyone and they're all going through that stage now. They're thinking about unis to apply to but they have no idea what course. They thought they knew but when it's come down to actually making a decision, they can't.

I suppose I panic about things waaaay in advance which is why I started the whole 'I don't know what to do' last year! Just planning my mental breakdowns in advance! :bricks:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CorpusLuteum)
    Bruv, I'm siked about finishing later than everyone. It's exciting to be doing something formal whilst everyone else is slacking about.
    IMO you should feel cool af B)
    why does that make u cool tho?!

ReputationRep:
    why does that make u cool tho?!
    Because you're doing something with your life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lalarw)
    When does your last few exams start for triple science. Friday 16th June 2016 and 20th June? Hhaha peak
    20th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Wrong attitude. Think of it that you are lucky for having exams that are better spread out , which gives you more time to revise and et good results.

I think your moan is pretty petty. If its such a big deal skip the exams and start your holiday tomorrow. Mail all your friends youi are starting before them.
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL that last bit was actually so funny and actually a good idea but dont u think my school will call my teacher :/ ?

ReputationRep:
    20th

It's 3 more days, when you don't include saturday and Sunday, it's 1 DAY LOLLLLLL, chill out and smash the exam tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lalarw)
    It's 3 more days, when you don't include saturday and Sunday, it's 1 DAY LOLLLLLL, chill out and smash the exam tbh
    no my tripe STARTS on the 20th and finishes 24th lol thank you tho

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.