ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)

Steve is a good name m8
    Spoiler:
    Show
    he will be called steve bow down to his awesomeness
    (Original post by Namita Gurung)
    What did you do to OP? :curious:
    Its a takeover questions were being asked he didn't deliver. We need to be more efficient...

Na Steve will bow down to me...

ReputationRep:
    There are n sweets in a bag.
    6 of the sweets are orange.
    The rest of the sweets are yellow.

Hannah takes a random sweet from the bag.
    She eats the sweet.

Hannah then takes at random another sweet from the bag.
    She eats the sweet.

The probability that Hannah eats two orange sweets is 1/3

Soooo find n

:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EnterNamehereplz)
    No it isn't... You didn't round correctly or where did I go wrong
    I didn't work out the answer. i found it somewhere.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Its a takeover questions were being asked he didn't deliver. We need to be more efficient...

Na Steve will bow down to me...
    haha just realised you weren't the OP
    Spoiler:
    Show
    So much for that asian name, you just fell in to the trap of calling him steve :mwuaha:

ReputationRep:
    I'm deadly sleepy, bored, hungry and stuck somewhere, what do I do?

Why is the Earth called the Earth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there'snoneed)
    A machine that cost £35,000 is operated 8 hours a day in a 5-day week but one hour each day is used for test purposes. For use of the machine there are three scales of charges, the first at the rate of £5 an hour for private use, the second at £15 an hour for research work and the third at £40 an hour for commercial work. It is estimated that the number of hours charged at the first, second and third rates are in ratios 4:2:1. What percentage of total receipts do receipts from commercial work represent?

good luck!
    There's no need

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayaz789)
    There's no need
    lol

ReputationRep:
    I didn't work out the answer. i found it somewhere.
    (Original post by Noara)
    I'm deadly sleepy, bored, hungry and stuck somewhere, what do I do?
    (Original post by tamil fever)
    Why is the Earth called the Earth?
    That answer is wrong...

Why are you hungry? Are you fasting? If not I would recommend you eat something light, then go to sleep and then evaluate what you need to do.

The earth is called earth only in English but may reffereed as something else in a different language. It is called that because thats what we were taught. its like asking why is 1+1 two? or how do we know 64/8= 8. I think your question is regarding epistemology. I wouldn't waste my time on that if I were you. It is a headache of a topic.

EDIT: I will be going back to the shadows soon, so if I were you I would ask quickly btw I am related to Awesome Genius not as awesome as him but we are distant related

ReputationRep:
    That answer is wrong...

Why are you hungry? Are you fasting? If not I would recommend you eat something light, then go to sleep and then evaluate what you need to do.

The earth is called earth only in English but may reffereed as something else in a different language. It is called that because thats what we were taught. its like asking why is 1+1 two? or how do we know 64/8= 8. I think your question is regarding epistemology. I wouldn't waste my time on that if I were you. It is a headache of a topic.
    Yes, I'm fasting and I haven't had any sleep in the last 24 hours.. Someone shoot me...

Actually, the answer is, we don't know. The name "Earth" is derived from both English and German words, 'eor(th)e/ertha' and 'erde', respectively, which mean ground. But, the handle's creator is unknown. One interesting fact about its name: Earth is the only planet that wasn't named after a Greek or Roman god or goddess.
    This is not my answer by the way.Ask the internet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noara)
    Yes, I'm fasting and I haven't had any sleep in the last 24 hours.. Someone shoot me...
    Ah im fasting too !

It should be easy for you too sleep 8 hours to iftaari then lol. Close laptop light and chill in bed even if you don't feel like you will not fall asleep. Don't go on your phone and laptop. Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    16, 06, 68, 88, ?, 98
    what is ?

ReputationRep:
    Actually, the answer is, we don't know. The name "Earth" is derived from both English and German words, 'eor(th)e/ertha' and 'erde', respectively, which mean ground. But, the handle's creator is unknown. One interesting fact about its name: Earth is the only planet that wasn't named after a Greek or Roman god or goddess.
    This is not my answer by the way.Ask the internet.
    Well we call it that because we can communicate efficiently that way. I was correct....

You dare challenge me?!?!

ReputationRep:
    16, 06, 68, 88, ?, 98
    what is ?

ReputationRep:
    How do you know?

ReputationRep:
    How do you know?
    Basically you rate the number 180 degrees then you alternate the digits then you see a pattern of -1 simple arithmetic

ReputationRep:
    I would like to congratulate you but I won't. Cause you know why

Well we call it that because we can communicate efficiently that way. I was correct....

You dare challenge me?!?!
    Tough.I AM RIGHT!
    Even the internet answer will back me up.:unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    Tough.I AM RIGHT!
    Even the internet answer will back me up.:unimpressed:
    No I am right...

You can find funny biased stuff on the internet

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 12, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.