Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why can't people learn to grow a thick skin? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Because they are insecure and don't believe in themselves and their ability to succeed.

ReputationRep:
    OP, we have no need for such triggering posts on here. This is supposed to be a safe space for safe chat.

ReputationRep:
    Modern day political correctness for you.

It's along the same lines as school sports days where everyone gets a medal.

ReputationRep:
    Well some of us cant really help it!
    Getting hurtful comments thrown at you on a daily basis doesnt really help tbh.
    Its people like you who make our lives hell!!!
    Why cant some people learn to be nice to others is what im gonna ask you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    I'm the most sensitive person I know. I let absolutely everything bother me. I don't know how to get over it, otherwise I would have done so by now :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Kudos to you for admitting that though. It can be difficult to admit when we're vulnerable. So that's pretty brave of you anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    Because mommy and daddy babied them too much, too protective and sheltered. And then when they are thrown into the real world they don't know what to do with themselves?
    hmmm, i see right i understand but the kind of stuff i'm talking about are just little quarrels and small thing in life
    for example a friday detention in school, why would ppl cry over it? but they do
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Because they are insecure and don't believe in themselves and their ability to succeed.
    so they cry which helps them to fail more miserably? They're not thinking straight get a grip
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    OP, we have no need for such triggering posts on here. This is supposed to be a safe space for safe chat.
    Their ineptitude and weak will for everything triggers me
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    Modern day political correctness for you.

It's along the same lines as school sports days where everyone gets a medal.
    I don't really understand?
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Well some of us cant really help it!
    Getting hurtful comments thrown at you on a daily basis doesnt really help tbh.
    Its people like you who make our lives hell!!!
    Why cant some people learn to be nice to others is what im gonna ask you!
    I wholly agree with you however taking racist insults everyday for a year everytime that person sees you forces you to grow a thick skin
    However your 3rd line i disagree with because i'm not a bully and i'm super quiet+ introverted, i'm more one to take the **** from others rather than give it out.

I can be nice, well actually i treat everyone the same and just sorta keep on doing what i'm doing depending what i'm doing and what the person is asking me. I'll just acknowledge your point or whatever you want to say then be silent then just go back to doing whatever i was doing, it's really the same for everyone really....
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by godivaontherocks)
    Kudos to you for admitting that though. It can be difficult to admit when we're vulnerable. So that's pretty brave of you anyway.
    Thank you, I appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    Thank you, I appreciate it
    You're very welcome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big white)
    -.- natural selection is better
    Natural selection has no place in modern society. If natural selection had its way, you and I would probably both be dead.

ReputationRep:
    A human observing a weak human who will be consumed by the wrath of hell
    Name:  1465612387512.png
Views: 32
Size:  158.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    A human observing a weak human who will be consumed by the wrath of hell
    On the contrary - the meek shall inherit the earth.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I had a thicker skin when I browse TSR.

All these 'I only got 9 A*'s, my life is over' threads really trigger me.

Edit: OH LOOK ANOTHER ONE http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4159745

This site is cancerous, why can't I leave?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    Natural selection has no place in modern society. If natural selection had its way, you and I would probably both be dead.
    It doesn't because everyone just wants to save everyone else and let no-one die, thus as a result the stupid reproduce just like the smart.

(Original post by Abstract_Prism)
    Name:  1465612387512.png
Views: 32
Size:  158.4 KB
    k
    On the contrary - the meek shall inherit the earth.
    I see
    I wish I had a thicker skin when I browse TSR.

All these 'I only got 9 A*'s, my life is over' threads really trigger me.

Edit: OH LOOK ANOTHER ONE http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4159745

This site is cancerous, why can't I leave?
    Same lol i think they do it just to show off.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't because everyone just wants to save everyone else and let no-one die, thus as a result the stupid reproduce just like the smart.
    Which is fine. There's no problem with that.

In any case natural selection doesn't prey upon the stupid, it preys upon the unlucky. Even the fittest, smartest individual alive can get hit by a bus.

ReputationRep:
    Which is fine. There's no problem with that.

In any case natural selection doesn't prey upon the stupid, it preys upon the unlucky. Even the fittest, smartest individual alive can get hit by a bus.
    There isn't no

ReputationRep:
    You really think natural selection favours the smart?

Lol no, it favours the big and strong.

I think you're mixing up natural selection with eugenics.

ReputationRep:
    You really think natural selection favours the smart?

Lol no, it favours the big and strong.

I think you're mixing up natural selection with eugenics.
    No i have apparently mixed this up thanks for pointing this out

ReputationRep:
    Why are some people so just weak and intolerable?
    They get insulted once and the start crying or whatever or they get all emotional about it, like wtf grow a skin on top of your skin to not get hurt
    Or you could just not be a ****ens?

ReputationRep:
    Say this to the majority of Muslims on here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymοοse)
    Or you could just not be a ****ens?
    That's funny because people assume that i'm a **** and a huge knob to others when in fact you're assuming wrong and you have no solid evidence to base it on. In any case, like i've said to another comment, i'm not actually a **** and i'm just gonna treat everyone the same, whether it be acknowledging you then ignoring afterwards or whatever i'm just a quiet introverted person who spends his life on the internet

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.