Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I simply must approach this girl before the summer holiday. HELP. watch

(Original post by BirdIsWord)
    If you have any specific questions ask me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r2Q9S4PLkQ

Go for it son.
    Thanks, I will.

(Original post by Diego Costa)
    You don't really want to see how she behaves before asking her number, she could be a little less receptive as she's in a bad mood or something. You do however need to get the number, in case you can't get it the next time. You don't want to get the number off a friend, that's a little weird.

Since you mentioned that she's in the study centre often, you could say something like "Let me know when you're next in the study centre. You have my number right...?" She won't obviously, and that's the easiest way you could get to swap numbers. It's not easy, that goes without saying. However as the adage goes - fortune favours the brave.
    Yeah, I think I'm gonna just grow a pair and go for it.

(Original post by revision1)
    Have you got any friends that could perhaps help you out with the process of asking her out? does she hang out with guy mates often, if yes maybe you could make links with them and somehow get her number through them?
    I kinda agree with Diego Costa here and just be straightforward about it. Thanks for the advice though.

Thanks for the advice everybody, I'm going to go now as I have been neglecting my coursework. All-nighter here I come!

(Original post by revision1)
    Also are you 100% sure that shes not taken?? has she ever mentioned being single
    I'm not 100% sure, but i highly doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    I think she does.
    I'm familiar with your situation, as a shy guy who often falls for shy girls and then realises the absurdity of the situation.
    I'm really not good at this, but I think that's more to do with my abominable aesthetics and obnoxious personality than any flaws in my strategic planning, so hey, take it or leave it:
    There's two ways you can go about it. Straight up ask her out, or get to know her and build up momentum from there. The second allows you more scope but is harder to pull off. Don't leave it too long, because she will get bored. Literally, just strike off a conversation with her. Put yourself in a situation where you can do that. If she likes you she won't question why you're talking to her, she'll be happy, right? If you can't do anything better, befriend her friends just enough that you've got an excuse to be around them, and use that to place yourself in a position where you can talk to her. Once you can consider her an acquaintance/friend, you're gold. You can do what you like from there, build up a friendship and get closer and closer, or ask her out once you've gauged how she feels and are happy to do so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm not 100% sure, but i highly doubt it.
    Make sure to ask some friends about that soon. I'm 99% sure the answer is no too, but it's more to let her know than anything. Ask two or three people if necessary, to try and aid that she might hear.

(Original post by dragonzrmetal)
    I think she does.
    I'm familiar with your situation, as a shy guy who often falls for shy girls and then realises the absurdity of the situation.
    I'm really not good at this, but I think that's more to do with my abominable aesthetics and obnoxious personality than any flaws in my strategic planning, so hey, take it or leave it:
    There's two ways you can go about it. Straight up ask her out, or get to know her and build up momentum from there. The second allows you more scope but is harder to pull off. Don't leave it too long, because she will get bored. Literally, just strike off a conversation with her. Put yourself in a situation where you can do that. If she likes you she won't question why you're talking to her, she'll be happy, right? If you can't do anything better, befriend her friends just enough that you've got an excuse to be around them, and use that to place yourself in a position where you can talk to her. Once you can consider her an acquaintance/friend, you're gold. You can do what you like from there, build up a friendship and get closer and closer, or ask her out once you've gauged how she feels and are happy to do so.
    I would've thought the former would have been harder. Anyway, I've never been one to take drastic actions like that, so I think I'll probably find an excuse to talk to her, get her phone number as fast as I can and start to build a relationship with her. (thanks for saying that you think she likes me .) I'm sure you'll find somebody also. Someone who goes out of their way to write a lengthy paragraph to give somebody else relationship advice must be a caring person.

Thanks guys, but i really need to be going now. I promise your advice is invaluable to me.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, any luck how did it go ??

ReputationRep:
    Ask her what kind of guy does she like? If she describes you or something similar, you might just ask her out with no hesitation.

Just ask her out before its too late?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks guys, but i really need to be going now. I promise your advice is invaluable to me.
    What happened?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 23, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.