Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Spread the word! All you need to know for the EU referendum! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    I am leaning towards leave but still ready to fall on either side, as the thing about the democracy argument is it's not like our own system is democratic. Less than 25% of those registered voted for conservatives last year if my calculations are right and even ignoring those who chose not to vote it is still less than 2/5 of all actual votes. More democracy beats less democracy I guess.
    Precisely.

(Original post by leinad2012)
    Almost stopped reading when you used the term "costly and immoral EU membership fee", as the immoral bit is an opinion and thus it seems most of this post is opinion and not fact.
    Also the EU isn't shrinking, it may be in terms of %age of world gdp, but certainly not nominally.
    Also 99% sure the UK isn't the biggest export market for the rest of the EU, and you've provided no links to proof of this statement at all.

Would overall say this is a solid shitpost, would give it a 2/10
    Of course opinion is injected into this; I work on the premise that EU propaganda is immoral, especially so as the UK still pays an excess. If the EU paid an excess into the UK it'd be more understandable, but it doesn't.

http://www.ecb.europa.eu/pub/pdf/mobu/mb201302en.pdf Page 173 (Specific to the eurozone instead of EU, but...)

Yes I was talking about GDP-wise.
    Anyway I do recall myself saying that I hadn't debated this point, implying to take it with a pinch of salt.

What about the arguments regarding democracy? (P.S. Democracy has its faults, but I still think it's the ideal system because people choose the things that e.g. do backfire on them if they are ignorant. And I know the UK doesn't epitomise democracy, but a divorce would offer us a more democratic system than the one the EU currently offers us.)

ReputationRep:
    So whilst the Remain camp are scaremongering by suggesting an economic downturn, the Leave camp are helpfully informing us about the distopian future that lies ahead if we stay in the EU, with no prospect of ever leaving?

Interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunghyunah)
    Don't clickbait with "All you need to know" and give a completely one-sided biased post. If it's all you need to know you should have provided balance with the remain arguments as well; not just pull apart a few of them.
    Can you give me some valid remain arguments to add to the list then?

(Note: before you do, the UK would always be a part of Europe, even if we're not a part of the European Union; don't conflate Europe with the European Union.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Almost stopped reading when you used the term "costly and immoral EU membership fee", as the immoral bit is an opinion and thus it seems most of this post is opinion and not fact.
    Also the EU isn't shrinking, it may be in terms of %age of world gdp, but certainly not nominally.
    Also 99% sure the UK isn't the biggest export market for the rest of the EU, and you've provided no links to proof of this statement at all.

Would overall say this is a solid shitpost, would give it a 2/10
    Still waiting for a reply...

What did you say? Something like...

I'll rebuttle them in a bit.
    That's right!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    Can you give me some valid remain arguments to add to the list then?

(Note: before you do, the UK would always be a part of Europe, even if we're not a part of the European Union; don't conflate Europe with the European Union.)
    No you started the thread with the clickbait and I waned to read everything about both sides, why should I provide the remain arguments?
    And don't bloody patronise me I know EU and Europe aren't the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    Is there ANYWHERE online that I can find a balanced view because I still don't know which way to vote and I have 2 days to decide. I really don't want to just guess. This thread title totally wasted my time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatieBlogger)
    Is there ANYWHERE online that I can find a balanced view because I still don't know which way to vote and I have 2 days to decide. I really don't want to just guess. This thread title totally wasted my time.
    Well you can call it balanced, because plenty of remain arguments are debunked.

"We won't be able to trade with EU member states." Yes we will; it's in their interest, considering we're the biggest export market for goods for the rest of the EU.

You can always spoil the ballot if you're not pleased with either side.

But you shouldn't feel forced to vote. If you're undecided by the 23rd of June, you don't have to vote. Nothing's compelling you, you have no obligation.

It's better to vote with certainty then to doubt and regret your decision later (I personally think.)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    Well you can call it balanced, because plenty of remain arguments are debunked.

"We won't be able to trade with EU member states." Yes we will; it's in their interest, considering we're the biggest export market for goods for the rest of the EU.

You can always spoil the ballot if you're not pleased with either side.

But you shouldn't feel forced to vote. If you're undecided by the 23rd of June, you don't have to vote. Nothing's compelling you, you have no obligation.

It's better to vote with certainty then to doubt and regret your decision later (I personally think.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I want to exercise my right to vote and just because both sides appear to be scaremongering liars who can't speak a word of truth between doesn't mean that I shouldn't vote. I'd just like to find some impartial evidence for either case before I vote. There must be a truth, it's just finding it. Most people just seem to be spouting something they've read on an online newspaper which all have agendas.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.