Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why did God allow 50 innocent people to get murdered? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidguettafan)
    If he exists, why did he allow the American mass shooting to happen?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    God is not responsible for the sinful nature of mankind because of free will

Stop blaming God for the stuff that man does of his own accord

ReputationRep:
    I cannot speak and nor can you what God or how God operates but on a side note, biblical references enhance the opinion that sodomy was a sin so...

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Kind of would against the whole free will thing and even if he was no intervene we wouldn't even know that he did, we have no idea of the kind of things that God protects us from. And just to note it was a man who chose to shoot those 50 people- free will so blame the guy not God.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Huh? Balance of nature :rolleyes:

Everyone is dying some sooner than others, any which way....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel9998)
    That will never happen, especially in middle eastern countries
    Who made you an expert on the middle east? Lol what do you even know?

It was the west and the US who oppressed and pushed the Arab far left out, who just happened to be supporters of the soviets (the boogey man of the 20th century now to be replaced with Islam and muslims) and armed the Islamic far right in the 80s creating a power vacuum and allowing extremists to dominate.

In the 50s,60s, and 70s the middle east was a lot more secular and relaxed about drinking, atheism, prostitution and homosexuals before Islamic revolutions, arming of mujahidin and Islamic mercenaries by us.

Why do we and the US consider Saudi's our greatest allies? The Wahhabis are the extremists, these guys by law chop off the heads of more people than ISIS, 16/19 hijackers during 9/11 were Saudis and yet we support them. Does that make sense?

So please stop confusing and generalising about Islam, middle eastern regions and muslims in general with geopolitical, socioeconomic and foreign policy.

ReputationRep:
    I believe the media is at fault here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel9998)
    That will never happen, especially in middle eastern countries
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6765976.html

If you try to protest you end up like this
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a6776696.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Themini)
    Who made you an expert on the middle east? Lol what do you even know?

It was the west and the US who oppressed and pushed the Arab far left out, who just happened to be supporters of the soviets (the boogey man of the 20th century now to be replaced with Islam and muslims) and armed the Islamic far right in the 80s creating a power vacuum and allowing extremists to dominate.

In the 50s,60s, and 70s the middle east was a lot more secular and relaxed about drinking, atheism, prostitution and homosexuals before Islamic revolutions, arming of mujahidin and Islamic mercenaries by us.

Why do we and the US consider Saudi's our greatest allies? The Wahhabis are the extremists, these guys by law chop off the heads of more people than ISIS, 16/19 hijackers during 9/11 were Saudis and yet we support them. Does that make sense?

So please stop confusing and generalising about Islam, middle eastern regions and muslims in general with geopolitical, socioeconomic and foreign policy.
    never said or implied that I was

ok sure but its not like that now and It wont be again anytime soon

ReputationRep:
    As a christian, I'm kinda happy that this has been targeted at religion itself instead of just Islam.

It'll be kinda dumb to just attack Muslims for this.

ReputationRep:
    It's funny because if He did then you'd be complaining about free will.

ReputationRep:
    I'm never really sure the purpose of this kind of argument. I don't believe in god but the simple answer is that who are we to say what is good or bad? We define what happened as murder or committing terrorism on the statute books but to god this could be the greatest mark of kindness - access to heaven.

There are important discussions to be had out of events like this shooting but this thread doesn't represent one of them.

ReputationRep:
    [Insert relevant religious arguments about free will here]

Also good to note that there's the Christian idea of original sin that suggests we tend towards evil due to something relating to that whore Eve or some such nonsense.

Finally, making assumptions about the nature of a being that's intangible probably isn't wise.

(Original post by MainlyMathsHelp)
    Bloody hell that's the "Argument against the existence of God" for my RE exam. I can't not relate anything to exams anymore

Anyway I don't believe in God either because I can't believe that people would say that it's a test or the Devil or something like that because to me it seems so hard to believe. (there I go again, relating to RE)
    Ugh RE. The arguments are so weak through the whole course it makes me cry.

(Original post by mero22)
    Omnicent confuses me
    Omniscient?

(Original post by Olie)
    Only one answer -

Mysterious ways

Theists' answer to every question about god they don't have an answer for.
    If you really over-analyse the concept of mysterious ways the argument is sound, there's no way we can understand the intentions of a being we can't communicate with or know anything about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    [Insert relevant religious arguments about free will here]

Also good to note that there's the Christian idea of original sin that suggests we tend towards evil due to something relating to that whore Eve or some such nonsense.

Finally, making assumptions about the nature of a being that's intangible probably isn't wise.

Ugh RE. The arguments are so weak through the whole course it makes me cry.

I know right. Literally my whole class is religious except this one guy who believes in God but not religion. You say one thing about not believing in God and the whole class attacks you :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Further, what about permitting ww1/ww2- holocaust and other mass wars too??

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slade p)
    Typical silly atheist question.
    Typical silly evasive answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    This is disgusting.
    http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/c...ld/#gs.rLwa7gE
    "Christian pastor says Orlando club massacre is ‘good news’: ‘50 Less Pedophiles in This World’"
    what the ****

"who has previously called for God to rip out Caitlyn Jenner’s heart and for the mass execution of gay people to create an AIDS-free world"

"he does not condone people walking into a ‘so-called’ gay bar and killing people, but only because he believes the government should be executing gay people."

I'll never understand some people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    This is disgusting.
    http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/c...ld/#gs.rLwa7gE
    "Christian pastor says Orlando club massacre is ‘good news’: ‘50 Less Pedophiles in This World’"
    I wonder what Trapz99 Ladbants Josb Sayed0123 think of this? He's not Muslim!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cashcash871)
    Why do you care what I think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cashcash871)
    He's a sick religious extremist who should be sued for advocating murder and terrorism.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.