Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Toilet anxiety Watch

Announcements

Hey update guys
    I tried telling my mom i wanted a appointment for my anxiety and panic attacks she told me ot would get better as soon as i lost weight and gained confidence which im not denying it probably will

But i didnt / couldnt tell her that it was about this issue idk what to do now

Can i get through this on my own i know theres nothing wrong with me to be going to a psychiatrist but i want to go for my own reassurance so i can say ive been and recieved external help instead of normally keeping things to myself

Also even tho ive left college this week ive managed to get an appointment with the counsellor at college for next week thursday i was originally going to go for panic attacks anxiety and low self esteem idk whether i should mention this to him or not.
    Its going to be my first time going and well idk what/ how to say things or what to expect that and the session only lasts 20 mins and hes a guy lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey thanks ive messaged you
    I haven't got your message, do you think that you may have tried sending it as anonymous?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey update guys
    I tried telling my mom i wanted a appointment for my anxiety and panic attacks she told me ot would get better as soon as i lost weight and gained confidence which im not denying it probably will

But i didnt / couldnt tell her that it was about this issue idk what to do now

Can i get through this on my own i know theres nothing wrong with me to be going to a psychiatrist but i want to go for my own reassurance so i can say ive been and recieved external help instead of normally keeping things to myself

Also even tho ive left college this week ive managed to get an appointment with the counsellor at college for next week thursday i was originally going to go for panic attacks anxiety and low self esteem idk whether i should mention this to him or not.
    Its going to be my first time going and well idk what/ how to say things or what to expect that and the session only lasts 20 mins and hes a guy lol
    You don't need your mum's permission or approval to go and see the GP, you can make it yourself, it'll be okay.
    Why not print out a leaflet on toilet anxiety, then you can just hand it to your GP or the counsellor, it may be easier for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I know this is very late but I'm 15 and I just wanted to say that I deal with this too. For the one thing I have a 'shyness' so I can't use the toilet with other people nearby which is always embarrassing. It also takes me about a minute to actually start peeing. And I constantly need the loo. Now, on some days I'm okay with going to the loo once or twice but some days my bladder just never ever feels empty and I constantly need to go to the loo even if barely anything comes out. It's embarrassing and annoying and I hate it so I know how you feel :-(

ReputationRep:
    Reading your post is like a mirrored version of my life! I had this so bad I quit working. However that led me to start education again. I managed to get over the worst of the anxiety before but still struggle. I came across this post as I'm starting University in two weeks which is worrying me because of the toilet anxiety. I think a lot of it can be due to worrying about the new unknown environment, I have to know exactly where the nearest toilet is to me at all times so I find myself turning down parties, nights out etc as I'm afraid of an accident (even though it's never happened).
    If you'd want, we can message each other through email about this, which could really help.

(Original post by emmee)
    Reading your post is like a mirrored version of my life! I had this so bad I quit working. However that led me to start education again. I managed to get over the worst of the anxiety before but still struggle. I came across this post as I'm starting University in two weeks which is worrying me because of the toilet anxiety. I think a lot of it can be due to worrying about the new unknown environment, I have to know exactly where the nearest toilet is to me at all times so I find myself turning down parties, nights out etc as I'm afraid of an accident (even though it's never happened).
    If you'd want, we can message each other through email about this, which could really help.
    Hey
    Its wierd to sww how many people suffer or have been through something like this!
    Im starting uni tommorow ans its bwen on my mind too especially simce its the first week and timmings anz rooms are different.

Ive pm ed you (:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.