Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what is a very good cleanser to clear skin? watch

ReputationRep:
    clean and clear the blue one with the microbeads sh*t

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImNotReallyMe)
    If this is about acne, try eliminating dairy from your diet, do it for a couple months and take a before and after pic for yourself, it has worked wonders for me

Cheese? I've long forgotten its power
    not even milk????????????? but i can't live without my tea. Some people say become vegan to help clear skin? what should i acc do? eliminating dairy is way easier tho then being vegan. Should i give it a shot??

ReputationRep:
    Kiehls calendula deep cleansing foam or Neutrogena deep clean
    Just dont try to go overboard with these deep cleansers (they can damage your skin) as you may need to moisturize

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by subwayislife)
    clean and clear the blue one with the microbeads sh*t
    Thats more of an exfoliator. I'm looking for a deep pore cleanser that i use two times a day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by najama_)
    Thats more of an exfoliator. I'm looking for a deep pore cleanser that i use two times a day.
    still think it works good as a cleanser, Ive been using in it twice a day for like 3 years and my skin isnt spotty or oily or dry

ReputationRep:
    not even milk????????????? but i can't live without my tea. Some people say become vegan to help clear skin? what should i acc do? eliminating dairy is way easier tho then being vegan. Should i give it a shot??
    i've been vegan for a year and half.. i stopped taking the contraceptive pill and my godddddd i got the worst acne, i could show pics if you didnt believe me, it's finally healed up now.

But i definitely recommend atleast cutting out dairy.
    Milk (dairy)= growth formula for a baby calf... growth formula = hormones .
    All those added hormones take an affect, a.k.a acne. And 60% of people are lactose intolerant because our bodies aren't designed for dairy.

And try decreasing your oil intake... i used to cook with olive oil etc. Now i don't anymore because some people have sensitivity to oil.
    ( i can show you 2 vegans on yt who had to cut out oil)

Drink more water... i drink about 4- 5 litres per day.

DON'T IRRITATE YOUR SKINNNNN!!! I did this... i was washing my face morning and night, using harsh face washes... realllly ****ing my skin up. Also tried steaming... other BS methods you find on google that just irritated my skin.

Eventually i went to the doctors, they prescribed me benzoyl peroxide cream that dried up most of my spots. But warning it is verrry drying, so all i used to wash my face was either water or the brand Cetaphil.

Finally: I follow this vegan diet now to prevent any acne & i have the most simple face wash routine.
    Morning: wash my face with water.
    Night time: either water or Cetaphil.
    And i've stopped using the benzoyl peroxide cream.

Simplicity is key.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasdyxo)
    i've been vegan for a year and half.. i stopped taking the contraceptive pill and my godddddd i got the worst acne, i could show pics if you didnt believe me, it's finally healed up now.

But i definitely recommend atleast cutting out dairy.
    Milk (dairy)= growth formula for a baby calf... growth formula = hormones .
    All those added hormones take an affect, a.k.a acne. And 60% of people are lactose intolerant because our bodies aren't designed for dairy.

And try decreasing your oil intake... i used to cook with olive oil etc. Now i don't anymore because some people have sensitivity to oil.
    ( i can show you 2 vegans on yt who had to cut out oil)

Drink more water... i drink about 4- 5 litres per day.

DON'T IRRITATE YOUR SKINNNNN!!! I did this... i was washing my face morning and night, using harsh face washes... realllly ****ing my skin up. Also tried steaming... other BS methods you find on google that just irritated my skin.

Eventually i went to the doctors, they prescribed me benzoyl peroxide cream that dried up most of my spots. But warning it is verrry drying, so all i used to wash my face was either water or the brand Cetaphil.

Finally: I follow this vegan diet now to prevent any acne & i have the most simple face wash routine.
    Morning: wash my face with water.
    Night time: either water or Cetaphil.
    And i've stopped using the benzoyl peroxide cream.

Simplicity is key.
    very detailed thank you hugely x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFarmerLad)
    Semen
    This.
    Facials really do the job

ReputationRep:
    very detailed thank you hugely x
    i hope you listen to some of the advice x

Acne is a sign of something wrong in our body... all these cleansers etcc dont treat the root cause, you could spend £1000 on some magical cream & it may work for a little while, but the acne will come back.

So really just stick to water and an easy gentle cleanser just to gently get off any dirt at night time.

ReputationRep:
    that i can order from amazon or ebay. and is not drying.
    If this is about acne I would recommend trying tea tree oil first and then if that doesn't work a salicylic acid wash followed by application of benzyl peroxide twice daily. Remember cleanliness has nothing to do with acne, it's all hormonal

ReputationRep:
    Cure Natural Aqua Gel Cleanser is supposed to be amazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFarmerLad)
    Semen
    Yeah legit advice, heard it in a lecture back in my pre-clinical days, ergo it's true.

ReputationRep:
    you're amazing thank you!!!! xoooo
    No problem

ReputationRep:
    I thought the exact same thing about milk cos I was addicted to dairy but I drink unsweetened alpro almond milk, I recommend that one, i actually am hooked onto it now and feel it's much more fresher and healthier than cows, now cows milk just disgusts me, and almond milk actually gives tea a nice flavour to it and I haven't drank cows milk in months even though I have had diary in other places, the milk has been the easiest to avoid!

Give it a go though. All dairy has hormones in it, some growth factor thingymajig, basically this stimulates oil release I think and other things that block skin pores, some people have a higher tolerance that's why only some of us determined by genetics get acne from dairy while others get away with it.
    Also that growth hormone thing makes you FAT so there's another motivation
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hello Najama

Cetaphil is an okay facial wash for sensitive or dry skin. It does however contain sodium laurel sulphate (SLS) which has become less favourable in recent years due to it's tendency to irritate skin. Nowadays more and more products are being reformulated to be classified as "SLS free" as the general public becomes more health aware.

When it comes to selecting a cleanser, the following should be considered:

1. Is it pH balanced? Most cleansers have a pH level just above 5.5 as this is the skins preferred level and one at which dirt and oil can be broken down easily. If the cleanser is too alkaline i.e. pH of 9 - 12, it may get your skin clean, but they will also strip your skin of its natural oils, causing dryness, dullness, irritation, and wrinkles. If it is too acidic, i.e. below 4, it will leave oil, dirt, and bacteria behind. Therefore you are likely to get acne breakouts, blackheads, and greasy skin.

2. Is it right for my skin type i.e. normal / dry / oily / combination etc

If you are treating acne, foaming cleansers can be very drying - better to go for a non-foaming cleanser.

Remember it's not just the cleanser that will have an impact on your skin, the products that you will also use with it (ideally you need to tone and moisturise too with complimentary products) and your diet will play a huge role in improving your skin.

To get a better idea of how to advise you, it would be good to get an idea of exactly what your routine looks like now. Feel free to PM me for further advice

Liz

ReputationRep:
    my tongue

ReputationRep:
    I use the clean and clear cleansers. Not sure what the name of it is however I buy one in a green and blue bottle. It is so good and very reasonable - defiantly worth a try!

ReputationRep:
    you could try a tumeric face mask its great for clearing acne ive tried it and its great and cheap too
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    Many of these suggestions strip your face of moisture and change the pH.

Look at La Roche Possay, Clinique, and even the Body Shop.

Look at www.manface.co.uk - he's reviewed lots of facial washes etc, I always look there before looking at any skincare regime.

ReputationRep:
    that i can order from amazon or ebay. and is not drying.
    coco butter

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.