Boris Johnson is awesome

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    If the EU is a dictatorship, why did it take until only recently for Boris to change his mind?
    Just out of curiosity, who is the EU dictator? And what has he or she imposed on us all against our will without any form of accountability from either our own elected government or elected MEPs?

You do know what a dictator is right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed-7)

"They say we cant do it on our own. We say we can. We are a great country. ..Take back control of huge sums of money, Take back control of our borders, Take back control of our economic policy, our tax, our trade and take back control of our democracy. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for the country to speak up." - Boris Johnson

Its true my fellow british friends. We need to leave.
    We need to stop listening to David Cameron's lies and deceitful propaganda. They are all lies to make us stay in the EU so that the elite companies can make profit.
    They say that if we leave the EU we will break, and we will have to wait 10 years to renegotiate new trade deals. Thats a LIE.
    It will probably take us only 2-6 months to renegotiate new trade deals. Maybe a year max.

EU is a dictatorship. They rob us £35+million every month/year. We could have used that money to invest in new businesses, build new factories, new companies, new clinics/hospitals and new jobs. We could have used that money to invest in other country's businesses so that they can come and create jobs here. But we cannot afford that because we have to pay £35+billion every month/year to the EU. Thats why our economy has been crumbling for the past 14 years.

Things might get even more difficult with more immigrants and additional countries to the EU.

If we stay in the EU, we will never be able to leave for a VERY long time, and the EU will continue to rob us. EU is not as easy as it was 46 years ago. Dont believe in David Cameron and his team's lies.
    Believe in Boris Johnson.
    I would like to add this video to my thread to encourage my fellow British friends to Vote Leave. I'd appreciate it if you guys can have a short listen to what this man has to say:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    Just out of curiosity, who is the EU dictator? And what has he or she imposed on us all against our will without any form of accountability from either our own elected government or elected MEPs?

You do know what a dictator is right?
    Did you mean to respond to me?

I'm the guy that's been saying for weeks the EU isn't a dictatorship to tinfoil crack pots for the last few weeks and supports a United States of Europe...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    Did you mean to respond to me?

I'm the guy that's been saying for weeks the EU isn't a dictatorship to tinfoil crack pots for the last few weeks and supports a United States of Europe...
    Ahh - beg pardon. I misread your post. Many apologies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed-7)
    Boris Johnson is a genuine good chap, period. You guys seem to have a dislike for him. Maybe David Cameron's team wouldnt let him speak out.

Even if that was the case (it isn't) why did it stop him and not the other eurosceptics MPs if which there are many?

If you read his book he praises the EU and he's on TV saying its a travesty that Turkey hasn't been allowed in. You're like one of those Corbyn fans.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    My love for Boris Johnson is ardent, unrepentant and verging on indecent, but for all his endearing earnestness, unabashedly flamboyant oratory, donnish wit and, from time to time, even forthright intelligence, an example of political integrity he most certainly isn't.

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely respect Nigel Farage more than Boris. He's always been anti eu unlike Boris who only decided a couple of months ago he disliked the eu when it turned out it would help his leadership chances.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    I genuinely respect Nigel Farage more than Boris. He's always been anti eu unlike Boris who only decided a couple of months ago he disliked the eu when it turned out it would help his leadership chances.
    Took the words right out of my mouth. Whether you agree with him or not Farage is true to what he preaches, Boris only cares about furthering his own career. It's no coincidence that's he's suddenly u-turned his position and adopted the majority view of the Tory membership base when a change of leader is potentially on the cards.

How people can believe a word he says is beyond me.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.