Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you decided how you're going to vote yet? Watch

• View Poll Results: Have you made up your mind about how to vote yet?
    Yes I'm definite about my vote
    75.29%
    No- I've not decided yet
    5.29%
    I'm not going to vote
    9.41%
    I keep changing my mind
    10.00%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenx301)
    I *think* I'm going to vote remain. Not 100% sure though.
    No offence but if you don't have conviction or cannot rationalise your reasons, I don't think it's fair to be voting.
    By all means do as it's your right, but I admit it rubs me the wrong way when people do that.

(Original post by the bear)
    Remain in. Putin and ISIS are hoping we will leave.
    Was that sarcastic?
    have you considered other arguments if you're being serious?

(Original post by wickedisgood)
    I'm pretty sure I'm voting to remain, though I'm not absolutely definite yet.
    Same as Jenx301 answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)

Was that sarcastic?
    http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...dimir-putin-eu

ReputationRep:
    No offence but if you don't have conviction or cannot rationalise your reasons, I don't think it's fair to be voting.
    By all means do as it's your right, but I admit it rubs me the wrong way when people do that.
    Hey man, there is still 10 days for people to fully decide. Personally I think it is better for people to be open to different ideas and opinions instead of already being dead-set.

(Original post by Queen Cersei)
    With mixed messages and campaign propaganda hitting us from all angles, it can be a tough decision to make... do you know how you're going to vote in the EU referendum yet?
    :yawn:
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Naveed-7)
    If UK leaves, the immigrants that have already come will stay.
    No. If UK leaves, the immigrants that have already come may lose their right to stay.

Oh and you didn't reply to my question in the other thread...
    Naveed, are you anglo-saxon?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    While the primary conclusion i drew was that referenda are awful ideas in which two sides spout even more extremist guff than at a general election, the secondary conclusion i drew is that our fortunes are not tied to membership of the EU and the modest short term pain may be worth it for long run gains. We can also prevent being polluted by the third world.

I kept an open mind but i'm now declared for Leave.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Queen Cersei)
    do you know how you're going to vote in the EU referendum yet?
    I do, but why is this a public poll?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Weren't you voting for the Kippers a year or so ago?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fractite)
    I'm 16, so I can't vote. (why, though?)
    If I could, I'd vote in.
    Because you're a child and you're not mature enough to make informed decisions.
    Doesn't surprise me that you'd vote remain, either.

ReputationRep:
    I have plenty of rationality for my reasons, but I'm not going to say that I am 100% sure I'm going to close myself off to any other input.

The referendum isn't some kind of light banter where you pick a side and stick with them just because that's the way it is. It's a big decision that will have big consequences either way the vote swings. My conviction is in me wanting to make informed choices.

I know why I want to vote to remain, but that doesn't mean if a good argument for leave suddenly pops up I'm just going to ignore it for the sake of keeping my previous point of view. I will consider it. Hence not being 100%.

There's nothing 'unfair' about actually thinking about my decision.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Was that sarcastic?
    have you considered other arguments if you're being serious?
    And ISIS http://time.com/4293818/aimen-dean-isis-brexit/

ReputationRep:
    I thought Putin wanted us to leave, but I wouldn't have guessed ISIS would too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ucalyptas)
    Hey man, there is still 10 days for people to fully decide. Personally I think it is better for people to be open to different ideas and opinions instead of already being dead-set.
    Fair point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wickedisgood)
    I have plenty of rationality for my reasons, but I'm not going to say that I am 100% sure I'm going to close myself off to any other input.

The referendum isn't some kind of light banter where you pick a side and stick with them just because that's the way it is. It's a big decision that will have big consequences either way the vote swings. My conviction is in me wanting to make informed choices.

I know why I want to vote to remain, but that doesn't mean if a good argument for leave suddenly pops up I'm just going to ignore it for the sake of keeping my previous point of view. I will consider it. Hence not being 100%.

There's nothing 'unfair' about actually thinking about my decision.
    Sorry for making any presumptions or causing offence.

It's just that I know some people who will be voting who are voting because they have the ability to, instead of actually rationalising reasons for a particular side and having any conviction to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Weren't you voting for the Kippers a year or so ago?
    i did indeed.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by the bear)
    i did indeed.
    Are you a Tory again now?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for making any presumptions or causing offence.

It's just that I know some people who will be voting who are voting because they have the ability to, instead of actually rationalising reasons for a particular side and having any conviction to it.
    Yeah, I get that. I think there's a lot of people who feel like they have to vote but don't know enough, though I think if we stopped people voting on those grounds the majority of the country wouldn't be able to vote honestly. I think a lot of undecided people vote on the grounds of what the people around them tell them to vote.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to be living with your parents until you're 50 - Vote Remain.

If you want to be able to afford to buy your own home - Vote LEAVE.

ReputationRep:
    Leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    You've just made that up lol. Nobody knows what will happen, the leave campaign haven't even mentioned it.
    The Vienna convention means they won't be made to leave. Laws cannot be introduced to change the past.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.