Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

This title has nothing to do with my OP watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    i think this is one of those "jokey" threads
    maybe
    (Original post by Fractite)
    You technically couldn't end an argument if you were ignorant, so you wouldn't be able to win or lose it.

If that makes sense.
    But the original question was that you couldn't win an argument if i was ignorant and was aware of that and the point still stands that you can't win
    (Original post by mariam687)
    im bored sum1 tlk 2 me. -sigh
    kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

ReputationRep:
    Basically, you can be a **** and think you've got away with it because you acknowledge you're a ****.

You may win a few moral victories but you gonna lose out in life bud.

If you were ignorant, you wouldn't know better than to keep an argument going as you ignore everything and think that you're correct...
    ...simply thinking about this is making my mind implode.
    heh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    Basically, you can be a **** and think you've got away with it because you acknowledge you're a ****.

You may win a few moral victories but you gonna lose out in life bud.
    yup i agree with that, life is what you lose if you take this stance on life......
    If you were ignorant, you wouldn't know better than to keep an argument going as you ignore everything and think that you're correct...
    ...simply thinking about this is making my mind implode.
    No you use it to your advantage and ignore what you'll lose the argument on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big white)
    yup i agree with that, life is what you lose if you take this stance on life......
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big white)
    You acknowledge what people say but just ignore it but you're aware of that

^^^ you're also someone i forgot to tag in that"tag who you've wanted to talk to but not been able to" thread by FireFreezer77 or something

I agree
    If you acknowledge what people say, you're not longer ignorant of that knowledge, even if you ignore (i.e. do not act on) the knowledge. At that point you're basically pretending to be ignorant.

Personally I don't see that as a valid way to win an argument or prevent your opponent from winning - the other person has won, but you just won't admit it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    If you acknowledge what people say, you're not longer ignorant of that knowledge, even if you ignore (i.e. do not act on) the knowledge. At that point you're basically pretending to be ignorant.

Personally I don't see that as a valid way to win an argument or prevent your opponent from winning - the other person has won, but you just won't admit it.
    I see well i need to work on this a little.... and think a bit more.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.