Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Omar Mateen - Mosque statement - This makes me so angry Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shakeyboy)
    On the other hand Donald Trumps statement on twitter was no different, he showed 0 empathy and used the orlando shootings to "appreciate the congrats" on being right about radical islam.
    This was Trump's tweet moments after the attack. You tell me if he has "0 empathy"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...19961946791939

Moron.

ReputationRep:
    **** this thread too!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    You and AngryRedhead really piss me off with this bigoted biased perspective on the situation. Over 100 muslims, many in orlando, have donated blood to the injured LGBT vicitms as a result of the shootings. Many have prayed for the LGBT victims and are constantly helping while all you do is jack ****. On the other hand Donald Trumps statement on twitter was no different, he showed 0 empathy and used the orlando shootings to "appreciate the congrats" on being right about radical islam.
    So it's OK to stereotype all Muslims based on the actions of 100, but not on the actions of the thousands and millions that believe homosexuals should be killed and/or prosecuted.

Nice oxymoron reasoning, it refutes itself lol.

ReputationRep:
    You and AngryRedhead really piss me off with this bigoted biased perspective on the situation. Over 100 muslims, many in orlando, have donated blood to the injured LGBT vicitms as a result of the shootings. Many have prayed for the LGBT victims and are constantly helping while all you do is jack ****. On the other hand Donald Trumps statement on twitter was no different, he showed 0 empathy and used the orlando shootings to "appreciate the congrats" on being right about radical islam.
    Remind me of the last time I cared about what some randomer on the internet thinks of me. I expressed my condolescences for the both the victims and their families on the original thread, unless you were out there giving blood also you have no right to have a go at anyone for their reactions to it aswell. Do you think the imam quoted in the OP was responsing in a reasonable manner? If you do it's people with mindsets like yours that are part of the problem

Edit: Incidentally, I also DO happen to be a blood donor

ReputationRep:
    It's actually tiring seeing so much of the same discussion about Islam every day.

(Original post by CorpusLuteum)
    **** this thread too!!!!!!!!
    This isn't Chat, you won't get much rep by posting like that here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    This isn't Chat, you won't get much rep by posting like that here
    I'm not looking for rep. Trying to make people aware that WHY CANT YOU BLOODY PUT ALL YOUR SIMILAR THREADS INTO ONE THREAD. Every time I log on there's a new thread about the same incident!
    Jeez.

ReputationRep:
    We need to have a discussion about this very important topic.
    I know this for a fact.

I'm not looking for rep. Trying to make people aware that WHY CANT YOU BLOODY PUT ALL YOUR SIMILAR THREADS INTO ONE THREAD. Every time I log on there's a new thread about the same incident!
    Jeez.
    Ah, in that case I agree. Although, due to the layout of TSR, its difficult for discussions to move along when posts get buried after the first page. A system like Reddit's is better for such 'megathreads', when posts can move up and down according to how 'helpful' they are (although many people abuse the karma system)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    None at all

Just a prayer that it wasn't a Muslim and a message that God will punish them all anyway
    You would understand if you were Muslim and people judged you on the basis of a few extremists they hear on the news about.

Millions of innocent Muslims have been killed in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Palestine, Burma, and you don't give a **** and Muslims have never asked you to care.

But when 50 white people are killed don't get angry that some Muslims couldn't give a ****.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, in that case I agree. Although, due to the layout of TSR, its difficult for discussions to move along when posts get buried after the first page. A system like Reddit's is better for such 'megathreads', when posts can move up and down according to how 'helpful' they are (although many people abuse the karma system)
    Reddit is absolute nuts. People there go mental with rating a post up when its not even relevant at times.

ReputationRep:
    This mosque needs to get shut down and investigated.

Reddit is absolute nuts. People there go mental with rating a post up when its not even relevant at times.
    Yes, brigading is a problem, but that's due to the nature of subreddits, which are much more independent and tribal communities than TSR's subforums.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, brigading is a problem, but that's due to the nature of subreddits, which are much more independent and tribal communities than TSR's subforums.
    D:<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    There is no justification in Islam that would allow that man to do what he did. It is a crime, it is wrong and it is injustice. Period.
    surah 9 is full of justification

And the hadith says :

"Whoever is found conducting himself in the manner of the people of Lot, kill the doer and the receiver."

ReputationRep:
    The guy was suspected by the FBI and he managed to work in ****ing security. How did that even happen? O.o

ReputationRep:
    So many counterstatements from his father...

ReputationRep:
    It's irritating that all the people saying the gunman wasn't a true Muslim also believe he represents all American citizens as being trigger-happy. Why is he able to represent all American gun owners (whether there are gun control laws in the state or not) but not represent all Muslims? Kind of contradicting, don't you think? You can't say "this is why they need gun control" as though he represents all gun owners and then say "he doesn't represent true Islam/he's not a true Muslim".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MesutOzil2110)
    You would understand if you were Muslim and people judged you on the basis of a few extremists they hear on the news about.
    I will never understand this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Armastan)
    It's irritating that all the people saying the gunman wasn't a true Muslim also believe he represents all American citizens as being trigger-happy. Why is he able to represent all American gun owners (whether there are gun control laws in the state or not) but not represent all Muslims? Kind of contradicting, don't you think? You can't say "this is why they need gun control" as though he represents all gun owners and then say "he doesn't represent true Islam/he's not a true Muslim".

:congrats::congrats:

+1

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.