Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    - mobile phones shgould be banned in schools
    - Unhealthy food banned in schools
    - No benefits from governemnt (housing, child, elderly)
    - NHS shouldnt waste money on people who bring illensses on them selves (ie smokers, alchoholics)
    - Abortion should be banned
    - voting for age lowered to 16
    - Tougher immigration laws
    - Animal cruelty
    - Why watching movies are beneficals

This idea is good as you would genrally be motivated to do it:
    - do a speech about your favourite book/movie persuading people to read/watch it#

GOOD LUCK!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lightning_xo)
    - mobile phones shgould be banned in schools
    - Unhealthy food banned in schools
    - No benefits from governemnt (housing, child, elderly)
    - NHS shouldnt waste money on people who bring illensses on them selves (ie smokers, alchoholics)
    - Abortion should be banned
    - voting for age lowered to 16
    - Tougher immigration laws
    - Animal cruelty
    - Why watching movies are beneficals

This idea is good as you would genrally be motivated to do it:
    - do a speech about your favourite book/movie persuading people to read/watch it#

GOOD LUCK!
    These ideas are really good - if you look up "debate topics" online, you can get loads of inspiration for speeches.
    One thing I would say is not to do your favourite book/movie. Although you will be empassioned, interested and motivated, its extremely hard to get good marks by doing this because naturally people tend to tell you what happened or why it was good rather than presenting a complex and perceptive topic, as is required by GCSE. Its not impossible, but its harder than debate topics and conroversial topics due to its very nature. Its better to find a debate topic which you find interesting and research it.

ReputationRep:
    If we're talking coursework, mine was about the false sexualisation of women which was good

ReputationRep:
    Write your speech on something you're prepared to research a little on, or something you have a general knowledge or passion for, something that you know you'll have facts to fall back on during your discussion.

Make sure it's not just something you 'like' or something you'll just be saying is really good and exciting. You actually need to be able to debate on it and present arguments, sometimes for both sides, to be able to defend it and talk at length about points in it.

When I had to do a speech I did it on The unfair treatment and perception of pigeons in society and how it can be changed. Something I knew a lot about, something I could passionately defend without falling into the ideas of 'good' and 'bad'. I found websites with reputable information to back my points up.

Be original! So long as it works, it'll do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woody_Pigeon)
    Write your speech on something you're prepared to research a little on, or something you have a general knowledge or passion for, something that you know you'll have facts to fall back on during your discussion.

Make sure it's not just something you 'like' or something you'll just be saying is really good and exciting. You actually need to be able to debate on it and present arguments, sometimes for both sides, to be able to defend it and talk at length about points in it.

When I had to do a speech I did it on The unfair treatment and perception of pigeons in society and how it can be changed. Something I knew a lot about, something I could passionately defend without falling into the ideas of 'good' and 'bad'. I found websites with reputable information to back my points up.

Be original! So long as it works, it'll do.
    Original as it gets! That is so awesome, this is speaking and listening presentation goals right here!

ReputationRep:
    i personally did 'cruelty to animals in the travelling circus' and managed to get an A* for it. be original and different. at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what the topic of the speech is - as long as it's written and delivered well.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks very much everyone! I started my speech now, and my teacher thinks it's great. Thanks for all your help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tasty Apple)
    Thanks very much everyone! I started my speech now, and my teacher thinks it's great. Thanks for all your help!
    What's it on? Out of interest...

ReputationRep:
    Why there shouldn't be so much emphasis on grades and exams.

I wrote a load of random stuff on grades defining our lives etc, and my english teacher loved it.

Thanks for everyone's help - you inspired me!

ReputationRep:
    Write speech to help elderly people
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.