Maths year 11

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    The thing is though we are doing the 9-1 papers and none of them are on the internet to do as revision?
    (Original post by Lucky10)
    Best advice i could give DO PAST PAPERS its the best way to get better a maths. Any topics you dont get use sites like mathswatch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    Thank you so much!

Do you mind explaining these?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so you roll the dice and the probability of you getting a winning number is 1.5*10^2. You're rolling the dice twice so it will be the probability of winning multiplied by itself. (1.5x10^2)(1.5x10^2). What AQA paper are you doing? As in what year and month.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so you roll the dice and the probability of you getting a winning number is 1.5*10^2. You're rolling the dice twice so it will be the probability of winning multiplied by itself. (1.5x10^2)(1.5x10^2). What AQA paper are you doing? As in what year and month.
    Thank.you!

November 2015

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDoctor11)
    The thing is though we are doing the 9-1 papers and none of them are on the internet to do as revision?
    My advice then will be to ask your teachers for exam paper resources

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z_o_e)
    Can you help me on this please

Posted from TSR Mobile
    the answer posted above is rigth, The trick is if it is a decrease percentage you make the number a decimal (divide by 100) and then subtract this number from 1.0. So 27% = 0.27, which is 0.73 when subtracted from 1.0. You then times this number by the inital price. If it's a percetnage increase, you do the same but you ADD the number to 1.0. So if it was a 41% increase you'd add 0.41 to 1,0 to get 1.41 and then you would times this number by the inital price.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1jonam16)
    the answer posted above is rigth, The trick is if it is a decrease percentage you make the number a decimal (divide by 100) and then subtract this number from 1.0. So 27% = 0.27, which is 0.73 when subtracted from 1.0. You then times this number by the inital price. If it's a percetnage increase, you do the same but you ADD the number to 1.0. So if it was a 41% increase you'd add 0.41 to 1,0 to get 1.41 and then you would times this number by the inital price.
    Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have I done this correct? The pencil part.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Can you explain this please

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z_o_e)
    Have I done this correct? The pencil part.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, His weight is 51.5kg and he now weighs 8.5% less. you can calculate this by doing 100% - 8.5% = 91.5%

91.5% = 0.915 in decimal form

51.5*0.915 will give you a decrease in weight by 8.5%

ReputationRep:
    No, His weight is 51.5kg and he now weighs 8.5% less. you can calculate this by doing 100% - 8.5% = 91.5%

91.5% = 0.915 in decimal form

51.5*0.915 will give you a decrease in weight by 8.5%

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Is that correct??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z_o_e)
    Is that correct??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z_o_e)
    Is that correct??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes its correct, remember if theres a decrease the weight has ot be smaller. so in your first answer, you werent right as the naswer was bigger, but know youve ot it right.

ReputationRep:
    yes its correct, remember if theres a decrease the weight has ot be smaller. so in your first answer, you werent right as the naswer was bigger, but know youve ot it right.
    Oh thank you so much guys ♥

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah!
    Thank you so much !

Can you help me on this now? I'm so sorry!
    My end of year is next week!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z_o_e)
    Thank you so much !

Can you help me on this now? I'm so sorry!
    My end of year is next week!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought I had enough space; turns out I didn't. If you still don't get it I'll write it out clearer.

ReputationRep:
    I thought I had enough space; turns out I didn't. If you still don't get it I'll write it out clearer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Too messy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z_o_e)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Too messy
    How 'bout now?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.