Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What was the worst nightmare you had when you were a child? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leecallaghan)
    Watching family guy now inspried this question
    I had a lot of weird dreams where I dreamt I would go about my day as normal and then look down to discover I was half naked for some reason. Not really a nightmare or scary but highly unsettling. Probably because I got bullied at school.

ReputationRep:
    I got sexually molested by Barney

ReputationRep:
    I had a nightmare where when i woke up my room was red and the sky was red and outside looking from the windows houses and trees and cars and virtually everything was on fire. I woke up not being able to breathe and sweaty and i couldnt stop crying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drogon)
    I got sexually molested by Barney
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I was in year 2, and it was set at my school. It started off as a dream but then it progressed into a nightmare (not scary when you look back but it terrified 6 year old me)
    Basically, for some reason in this dream I had no friends (even though I did irl) so I was really lonely at school and cried a lot. But one day when I was walking into school I found an egg at the gate, so decided to pick it up and put it in my bag. When I got home that day I took the egg out of my bag and saw it had a crack in it, so I put it under some blankets (I'd seen springwatch so I knew what was going on lol) and sure enough that night it hatched. However it wasn't a chicken, it was a dragon. I thought it was so cute so I tried to take care of it, but I also didn't want anyone in my family to know about it, so I took it to school with me every day so no one would find it in my bedroom. At break and lunch times I'd take it out and talk to it and stuff, so I finally had a little friend in school. At this point some kids started bullying me in the dream for talking to toys, which made me really sad (none of this happened irl it was so weird) but obviously I was angry too because I knew that my dragon wasn't a toy, he was real and my friend. Obviously my dragon didn't stay a baby for long so eventually I had to tell my family about him, so they bought a 'dragon playground' for the garden and let him stay in there while he grew. The bullies at school kept tormenting me about where my 'toy' was but then because my dragon wasn't with me I felt weak and cried. When he got REALLY BIG I decided I'd had enough of the bullies for teasing me, so I brought him into school. I was really sassy and confident like 'woo yeah who's talking to toys now' before my dragon promptly burnt them all to a crisp and I was so happy. But my dragon enjoyed killing people a bit too much and so didn't stop at just the bullies, instead he stormed around the whole school breathing fire on everything, I was chasing him telling him to stop but he wouldn't listen. It was so scary, I could feel the heat of the fire and everything. Once he'd killed everyone in my school he turned on me and his face turned from loving into really angry and scary, and he started chasing me down the corridors. It was one of them dreams where no matter how fast you try and run you just won't speed up if that makes sense? So I was running away from this dragon who was chasing me and I was absolutely certain I was going to die, and then he breathed fire and I could feel the heat before it hit me so I jumped and bellyflopped onto the floor, but he didn't realise and ran past me. But I couldn't get up off the floor quick enough before he turned around and bit my leg. Then I woke up crying.

It was the most vivid dream I've ever had (I mean the fact that I can still remember it that clearly nearly 10 years after I had it says something haha).
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I had this reoccurring nightmare when I was a small child. It seems rather silly at the moment but when I was a small child it was extremely disturbing for me. My family had this old grandfather clock in the hallway by the front door. This grandfather clock have this huge pendulum that's going back and forth back and forth back and forth. My dream was that I was really really tiny and I was straddling this pendulum as it swung back and forth. These giant potatoes would rain down upon me. I just keep remembering trying to dodge them. I knew if I got knocked off the pendulum I would just vanish into nothingness. This dream was extremely terrifying to me. I had this dream probably 2 or 3 times a month for 8 years. I've actually had the dream a dozen times now since I've gotten older and it still scares the heck out of me.

ReputationRep:
    When I was at home alone 7-10 y/o, I was afraid of the dark ... that the evil witch in Disney
    snow white would come after me when it was midnight aswell as that star wars red guy with spiky
    horns on his head (I don't even watch star wars so who knows how he even got in my dreams :facepalm: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sameehaiqbal)
    I had a nightmare where when i woke up my room was red and the sky was red and outside looking from the windows houses and trees and cars and virtually everything was on fire. I woke up not being able to breathe and sweaty and i couldnt stop crying.
    Are u sure??

ReputationRep:
    Keep having dreams where I have a falling sensation that gets faster and faster until I suddenly jolt awake.

Understandably, there is a biological explanation behind this, but it counts as a dream, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fractite)
    Keep having dreams where I have a falling sensation that gets faster and faster until I suddenly jolt awake.

Understandably, there is a biological explanation behind this, but it counts as a dream, right?
    How is their a understandable, biological explanation behind that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    How is their a understandable, biological explanation behind that?

Just looked it up, it's called a hypnic jerk. OK - it's technically not a dream since it happens as you're falling asleep, but oh well.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.