Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Not being to sleep before an exam watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    Gurrrl make sure to compensate after exams by napping that cant be good for your skin .

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I had a cheeky nap earlier this evening so i'm all good. But I will once i've finished my exam! Plus i'm fasting lmao my skin's bound to get worse after being dehydrated 19 hours each day

ReputationRep:
    same, first exam tomorrow and 4 exams in the next 4 days, gonna be a long week...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    I'd just sleep like 3hours or so, set your alarm, take some caffeine an hour before you leave. Take a caffeine drink.

And cram your ****ing head full of info. It works. You don't need sleep imo.
    I don't drink coffee

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by defenestrated)
    Lucky my last is on friday
    at least this is the last night for a while you need to sleep at a reasonable time
    That's not too far away hang in there.
    :hoppy:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by atiyaaloveszaynx)
    I had a cheeky nap earlier this evening so i'm all good. But I will once i've finished my exam! Plus i'm fasting lmao my skin's bound to get worse after being dehydrated 19 hours each day
    So did I. Was a good nap but had to wake up to revise. I thought you're allowed water at least o_o if I don't drink my skin would crack.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't drink coffee

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't either my friend as I dislike it. I have been using this to help me get through exams or other periods of very little sleep and it works great for me! I am assuming it is the caffine, but since I don't take caffeine otherwise maybe it isn't and it is something else in this product? I don't know. It just works is all I know. I tried to drink coffee before even though I dislike it to see if it would wake me up but it doesn't. So maybe it isn't the caffeine. w/e.

Just buy this for future exams I suggest -

http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/complet...FUlmGwod6_ELpw

Yes, it is £23 for the 720g one but it lasts age. I've been using this pack for a year (yes guys, I'm not using it before work outs lol). Helps so much on exam periods though it is crazy.

Good luck with your exam either way!

ReputationRep:
    I've got Chemistry tomorrow and I always have crippling anxiety the night before. Good thing it's an afternoon exam so I've got plenty of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atiyaaloveszaynx)
    I have an exam in 9 hours and i'm doing an all nighter. I leave all my revision to the last minute, despite having 2 years to revise (hahahahaha) and i'm overloaded on caffeine atm. I know it's wrong but i'll do anything to help me retain information. Good luck to you anyways, hope it works out for you!
    what exams you got?

ReputationRep:
    So did I. Was a good nap but had to wake up to revise. I thought you're allowed water at least o_o if I don't drink my skin would crack.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah sames, was in the middle of revision then I just went to sleep for an hour, oops. Nah haha we're not allowed water, medicine (unless really necessary), food - nothing. I know tell me about it

ReputationRep:
    I'm suppose to be sleeping but tomorrow is my exam day and it's so annoying. I just want time to roll by ASAP is that too much to ask anyone have this problem every time they have an exam
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Omg story of my life..
    I've heard that camomile and spearmint tea is good for relaxation and sleeping
    Also, I tend to get uncomfortable laying in bed for a long time so I get out and go to the kitchen and drink ice cold water which cools me down
    And...I find that going on a long walk helps you to sleep later on (well for me anyway) so make sure you take breaks from revision
    I know this is a late reply but good luck with your exams!
    I had this problem which went on for like 3 nights in a row and it was the worst!

ReputationRep:
    I try to sleep when it comes to the night before exams, but I struggle. Not just with exams, but when it comes to an event in college or doing something I'm nervous about, the night before I get hallucinations. Sounds like I'm on drugs I know, but it's a thing. It's when I'm almost asleep and I'm in the wakey-but-almost-asleep stage. I see black shapes of spiders, webs, insects in front of my face, dangling over me, behind me. I always run and turn the light on, run around the house, stand still. It always happens the same way - I move so fast I don't remember jumping out of bed and turning the light on. Then, I can't get to sleep because although I know its not real, I still have the image in my head.

I now have an even bigger fear of spiders, insects and everything else I was already scared of.

But despite that, I was fine. I sleepy in exams, yes, but I passed. So have hope.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.