Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Gcse aqa maths unit 3/ unofficial mark scheme/ 14/06/16 Watch

ReputationRep:
    Good for you I've really enjoyed it too, far more than my son lol, can't get my head round those equations though so that's the last maths exam I'll ever take I took it to help reduce his stress level, but it may have been too early for him to take it anyway!

Home schooling isn't hard though, it's liberating and there's a huge community out there if you ever consider it it's great for kids to follow their true paths and achieve their potential... So much passion for learning is destroyed through school!
    Hope you get your A! I'm crossing my fingers for a C for both of us ...

(Original post by bigoliver)
    I may have jumped to a few conclusions in my previous post.
    Home schooling must be hard, I really hope your son did well and ejoyed the experience. It is really sweet and a great credit to you that you care so much about your son's schooling that you sat the exam with him.

I started doing maths to help my son, I found I enjoy it and sat the exam to prove to myself that I can do it. Ever since failing (well getting a D grade) at school I've wanted to resit, and finally I've done it now.
    Ive enjoyed it so much I want to do A level maths next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigoliver)
    Was Q6 the one about the journey, i got that he left at 09:00 and arrived 2.5 hours later at 11:30. Cant remember the question, only the answer. I know I used D/SxT formula triangle to work it out.

My answer was 11:30, I think?, I definatly added 2.5 hours to the start time

What did everyone else get?
    Lmao

2 hours and .5 means half an hour :holmes:
    Therefore the correct answer would be 9:30 not 9:50.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bulletzone)
    Lmao

2 hours and .5 means half an hour :holmes:
    Therefore the correct answer would be 9:30 not 9:50.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I said I put 11:30 (well 9:30, if the start time was 07:00 and not 09:00, I definatly added 2.5 hours to the start time)

It was the OP who put 9:50.

Only now reading your post do I see where his answer must have came from, Im sure it was one of those mistakes that he wouldn't usually make but for the stress of the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jasminenctang)
    AQA right?
    AQA Maths GCSE Unit 3 43602 14.06.16 Higher.

Perhaps you did another AQA Unit 3?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.