The Student Room Group

Active shooter, hostage situation at Texas Walmart – police

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
"Amarillo police identified the suspect on Tuesday afternoon as Mohammad Moghaddam, 45, adding that one of the hostages was a manager “with whom the suspect had a work related dispute.”

Just another day in the U.S. Gun violence there is becoming more and more normal.
Reply 21
Original post by DiddyDec
It isn't that serious. Iraq has a serious gun problem, Mexico has a serious gun problem. The US, not so much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The US has more gun deaths per capita than Mexico - even if you only count homicides it has 55% as many, which is pathetic. They shouldn't be compared to Mexico and Iraq but rather similar countries like Canada and Western Europe, where they're 3x higher than the next worst... they have a serious problem.
Original post by JordanL_
They shouldn't take action against mass shootings because it's wrong to exploit them? But it's right to let them keep happening? *******s.

Would you also ban Muslims?
Original post by Passion Fruit
Would you also ban Muslims?

Ummmmm no? I think banning guns is a bit different from banning Muslims.

The majority of legally owned guns are used perfectly responsibly by gun owners

It is actually very similar, it is impossible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by difeo
The US has more gun deaths per capita than Mexico - even if you only count homicides it has 55% as many, which is pathetic. They shouldn't be compared to Mexico and Iraq but rather similar countries like Canada and Western Europe, where they're 3x higher than the next worst... they have a serious problem.

They don't police their border with Mexico such that 11 million illegal immigrants are living in America right now. My point isn't that we should build a wall or hate illegal immigrants, anyone who actually thinks a ban on guns would be effective and enforceable is a total moron.

Billions of dollars worth of drugs come through there and if drugs can, so can guns. Europeans are so stupid and ignorant that they think the USA can be compared with tiny European nation states.
It is actually very similar, it is impossible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's completely the same, the modern regressive left establishment allows some generalistions and stereotypes but not others
it's wrong to exploit this tragic incident to suit your own political agendas

Absolutely! How dare he suggest that the cause of the problem might be a maniacal obsession of Americans with guns that is sadly protected by their constitution! How dare he! How dare he use the cause of the problem of shootings to further his political agenda for reducing the number of shootings.
They don't police their border with Mexico such that 11 million illegal immigrants are living in America right now. My point isn't that we should build a wall or hate illegal immigrants, anyone who actually thinks a ban on guns would be effective and enforceable is a total moron.

Billions of dollars worth of drugs come through there and if drugs can, so can guns. Europeans are so stupid and ignorant that they think the USA can be compared with tiny European nation states.

Well, whatever the reason is, America has an awful situation where a lot of "bad" people regardless of their race or origin have access to guns, this needs to be dealt with.
Original post by oShahpo
Absolutely! How dare Donald Trump suggest that the cause of the problem might be a maniacal obsession of Muslims with Jihad that is sadly protected by their human rights! How dare he! How dare he use the cause of the problem of shootings to further his political agenda for reducing the number of Muslims in America.

See how ridiculous you sound
See how ridiculous you sound

No sane person would blame the gun crime problem in the US on Muslims as I am sure certain it's mainly non-Muslims who commit such crimes (I am not saying Muslims commit less gun crimes than others, but it's just a matter of numbers in the US).

So yea, how dare Donald Trump blame such problem on a group of people that doesn't contribute that much to it, how dare a presidential candidate be that thick.

What you said and what I said are completely different arguments and the silliness of the rhetoric you wrote has nothing to do with my argument.
Original post by oShahpo
No sane person would blame the gun crime problem in the US on Muslims as I am sure certain it's mainly non-Muslims who commit such crimes (I am not saying Muslims commit less gun crimes than others, but it's just a matter of numbers in the US).

So yea, how dare Donald Trump blame such problem on a group of people that doesn't contribute that much to it, how dare a presidential candidate be that thick.

What you said and what I said are completely different arguments and the silliness of the rhetoric you wrote has nothing to do with my argument.

They're the exact same arguments. We don't have the right to bear arms in the EU but the Charlie Hebdo massacre happened, before the Kosher supermarket siege and the strike on the Bataclan. There was the attack on Brussels recently as well.

I am opposed to restricting Islamic immigration to America, but there is a total hypocrisy in the progressive Cathedral's allowance of some stereotypes and not others. The only objective entity which should be held responsible is the individual and not the collective.
The only objective entity which should be held responsible is the individual and not the collective.

I agree, but I am not saying they should put all arms owners in prison or ban them from entering certain places, I am saying that they should band the guns they use. The risk of allowing possession of guns is huge, but is it worth it? That's something for Americans to consider, but I don't think anyone proposing such argument is trying to "further their own agendas" as much as they are discussing a real problem.
Original post by oShahpo
I agree, but I am not saying they should put all arms owners in prison or ban them from entering certain places, I am saying that they should band the guns they use. The risk of allowing possession of guns is huge, but is it worth it? That's something for Americans to consider, but I don't think anyone proposing such argument is trying to "further their own agendas" as much as they are discussing a real problem.

In banning guns every gun owner is being penalised in the same way that to ban Muslims, every Muslim is being penalised for a crime they didn't commit.
In banning guns every gun owner is being penalised in the same way that to ban Muslims, every Muslim is being penalised for a crime they didn't commit.

Right, you're comparing the possession of weapons to not having access to a whole country. I really don't see your point. Having guns possess a risk for no reason more than the illusion of personal safety and the obsession of some people with guns. Allowing Muslims in does also have a risk of allowing in terrorists, but the reason we take the risk is that we respect human rights. So don't compare respecting human rights to respecting other's will to possess deadly tools.
Also, if that's the case, why the hell are drugs illegal?
Original post by oShahpo
Right, you're comparing the possession of weapons to not having access to a whole country. I really don't see your point.

We're discussing the rights humans have.

Original post by oShahpo
Having guns possess a risk for no reason more than the illusion of personal safety and the obsession of some people with guns.

The reasons are immaterial, do Muslims need to be in America? No.

Original post by oShahpo
Allowing Muslims in does also have a risk of allowing in terrorists, but the reason we take the risk is that we respect human rights. So don't compare respecting human rights to respecting other's will to possess deadly tools.

In the same way America respects the constitution.

Original post by oShahpo

Also, if that's the case, why the hell are drugs illegal?

Because we're run by Puritanical ideologues. They should be legalised.
(edited 7 years ago)
Nobody has been shot in this one and the definition for mass shooting is utter bull****.

Posted from TSR Mobile

not really

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending