Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Parliament XXII Awards – 2) Newbie of the Parliament watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Who should receive this award?
    Results hidden until poll closes.

• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    I think the problem is that the conditions to be nominated were to vague and they should at least be clearer.
    This is just a bit of fun anyway. I personally don't care. I'm voting for QQ, who's very new. And this is for people who were new last term anyway.

I don't recall how new you are, but good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    This is just a bit of fun anyway. I personally don't care. I'm voting for QQ, who's very new. And this is for people who were new last term anyway.

I don't recall how new you are, but good luck!
    I joined in December.

I agree it's a bit of fun but I understand and agree with what people are complaining about,.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I joined in December.

I agree it's a bit of fun but I understand and agree with what people are complaining about,.
    You've quickly become part of the furniture then.

*shrug* Don't see how it's a big deal. Some people just like complaining imo.

ReputationRep:
    You've quickly become part of the furniture then.

*shrug* Don't see how it's a big deal. Some people just like complaining imo.
    On some of the others things like missing nominations from the vote.
    On this one I think it's the lack of clarity of who could be nominated.

In the long run it isn't that big of a deal but it seems at least some of the criticism could have been easily avoided.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    On some of the others things like missing nominations from the vote.
    On this one I think it's the lack of clarity of who could be nominated.

In the long run it isn't that big of a deal but it seems at least some of the criticism could have been easily avoided.
    Missing nominations is a separate issue. And one that's easily rectified. PMs are easy to miss.

ReputationRep:
    Missing nominations is a separate issue. And one that's easily rectified. PMs are easy to miss.
    I don't think it is separate, some people want it to be done properly and it seems that there have been mistakes made and it is understandable why they would want it restarted.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I don't think it is separate, some people want it to be done properly and it seems that there have been mistakes made and it is understandable why they would want it restarted.
    That'd be an insane overreaction. It won't change the result. The mistakes are tiny. And these Awards are already late as it is.

If people just relaxed this would be a lot more fun for everyone.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I think the problem is that the conditions to be nominated were to vague and they should at least be clearer.
    I'd say 6 months is pretty clear.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would say DMcG definitely qualifies. He didn't join a party until last term started and certainly wasn't an MP before then.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Mr Speaker. I nominated via PM, why have Jamestg or Banterboy not being included in this poll?
    Apologies, it was because your subject line was just re the update so I missed it entirely when sweeping through for nominations.

It is probably best at this stage that we re-vote.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    This has gone to a re-vote.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 15, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Articles:

Debate and current affairs forum guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.